Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed backup on IM and presence

akramroot
Level 1
Level 1

Hello , 

I have a cluster contains: CUCM01 , CUCM02, IM Presence 01 and IM Presence 02  with version 14.0.1

The backup not passed     it give me this message : unable to contact server. master or local agent could be down , on IM Presence 01 and IM Presence 02.

Could you help me please ?

Best regards

23 Replies 23

b.winter
VIP
VIP

There are a lot of old threads, asking the same question. Have you checked them first, before asking the same question again?

bwinter_0-1708507732004.png

@b.winter  Yes , i checked  it it before .

Best regards 

@b.winter  I checked Services Cisco DRF Master and DRF local ,
and cert  ipsec-trust  they have the same  serial number of the certificate ipsec.pem cucm publisher on all node.

And have you restarted the services?!
If you have checked something with the certs already, have you checked, if the ipsec certs are still valid on all nodes? if not, regenerate them.

@b.winter  Thank you for your reply , the certs ipsec are still valid , yes i had restarted the services Cisco DRF Master and DRF local on all node.

Best regards 

Did you restart the services in the correct order?

Publisher:

DRF Master

DRF Local

Subscribers:

DRF local?

@Steven L  yes with the same correct order .

Best regards

@b.winter 

Here the the actions  that I did:

-Regenerated ipsec.pem certificate on all server

-Download ipsec.pem from cucm pub and upload it on Sub node on ipsec-trust

-Restarted DRS Master and local on PUB DRS local on all SUB

Best regards

I’ve never done this step.

-Download ipsec.pem from cucm pub and upload it on Sub node on ipsec-trust

From where did you pickup that this is needed?

Response Signature

That’s only necessary if you don’t have the same IPSEC certificate on all nodes in the cluster, including the IMP nodes as outlined in point 7 in the blog you referenced.

7. Certificate Serial Number should be same on all the nodes of the cluster. If Serial Number of any node is mismatched, complete these steps.

Did you check on this prior and was the certificate serial not the same on all cluster nodes?

Response Signature

@Roger Kallberg  thank you for your reply , yes i checked it before , the certificate serial number was not the same on all cluster nodes.

Steven L
Spotlight
Spotlight
  1. has this ever worked?
  2. does the backup complete any parts? At what point does it fail? (what component is backing up?)
  3. is there sufficient space on the destination?
  4. are the passwords (platform administrator) the same on all servers?