cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fast Busy when answering call from shared line and transfering back to originating line

djr123games
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have a issue appear that has stumped me today and I was wondering if someone can help?

The set up call flow is a s follows

User A has got User B ddi set up as a shared line on Users A's 7962 profile

User B gets a call and User A answer via shared line on User A phone

User A then presses Transfer and attemps to push the call back to User B's line (on User B's line) via same extension

Call busy then proceeds

I was thinking that Call Waiting would then take precedence and User B could just pick it up on his device?

( we also tried the "put call on hold then allow User B to pick it up, but that was shot down)

any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

cucm version 7.1.5

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

The Transfer to itself portion of your testing is working as designed, but you can fix the "Hold & Pickup" portion by changing the Privacy setting (off) on phone B

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

I think the main question is :

Is it possible on CUCM to Transfer a call to itself without it going to fast busy.

The "hold and pick up" option has always worked but the business don't want to use that one :-(

Thanks again

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Sorry about that, I didn't read your first post correctly....my bad!

It is not possible to transfer a call to itself on any version of CUCM. This is where

you have to use Intercom or another method to alert User B that a call is for them.

Cheers!

Rob

Cheers Rob!

Thanks for your time in replying.

I am suggesting alternative options regarding the set up.

Regards

:-)