Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax Line Caller ID not showing DID number

Chin Jam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community,

I have a fax line connected to an FXS voice gateway port.  The caller ID from the ports to external number only shows the 4 digit number of the CUCM route pattern, not the full 10-digit DID.  My provider will be blocking any calls that do not show a valid DID in the SIP invite and have flagged this number.

The config on the voice gateway:

=======================================

voice-port 0/2/2
station-id name Sales Fax XXX-XXX-7725
station-id number 7725
caller-id enable

dial-peer voice 7725 pots
description Sales Fax XXX-XXX-7725
destination-pattern 7725
port 0/2/2

=======================================

In CUCM, I just have a route pattern configured for DN 7725.  Under Calling Party Transformations I have the following:

Capture.JPG

I've tried entering the number in the transformation mask field - still displays CLID 7725 on external calls

I changed the Calling Line ID presentation from Default to Allowed - no change

On the voice gateway I tried changing the Station-id number from 7725 to the full DID and the called failed from the fax machine:

config t
voice-port 0/2/2
station-id number XXXXXX7725

Where do I go to change the CLID from this fax machine to display the DID as the CLID not the DN?

Thanks - any help would be appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Prassha,

Thanks for your reply.  I managed to find some documentation on the topic below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/analog-signaling-e-m-did-fxs-fxo/23444-callerid-name-del.html

I made a change to the voice-port config on the voice gateway.

Changed the station-id number from XXXX to XXXXXXXXXX which worked.

CJ

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Prassha
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Chin

Can you share the call flow and gateway type?

Let me know the router model and IOS version? or you can share the show running.

Regards
Prassha3
Rate if you find this helpful

Rate if you find this helpful or Mark Solutions as Accepted

Hi Prassha,

Thanks for your reply.  I managed to find some documentation on the topic below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/analog-signaling-e-m-did-fxs-fxo/23444-callerid-name-del.html

I made a change to the voice-port config on the voice gateway.

Changed the station-id number from XXXX to XXXXXXXXXX which worked.

CJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: