Views
Helpful
Replies

GDM MWI in Unity Express

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I have a user that has a personal mail and is also member of a GDM.

The user receives the MWI for the personal mail, but not for MWI, although you can press option 9 and listen and delete the voice mail from the GDM

Any idea?

CME 10.5 with CUE 8.6.6

JH

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jan,

As per the doc I linked above, this seems to be a requirement for MWI & GDM's;

GDMs

MWI for GDMs is done in the same manner as MWI for personal mailboxes. If the extension associated with a GDM appears on a phone, then that phone receives MWI for message activity in the GDM. MWI for GDMs is not done to the phones associated with the extensions of the group's members; it is done only to the extension directly associated with the group mailbox. 

GDMs can be associated with extension types that cannot be placed as button appearances on a phone, such as Cisco CME automatic call distributor (ACD) or hunt-group pilot numbers. If the GDM is associated with such a type of extension, there is no MWI for messages in that GDM on any of the phones that belong to the ACD or hunt group. You can work around this by configuring the ACD or hunt group to forward calls to an intermediate extension (which is set permanently to CFA calls to the voice mail pilot number), rather than forwarding directly to voice mail. The intermediate extension can now be placed on a phone as a button appearance and MWI for GDMs can be implemented even for GDMs functionally assigned to ACD or hunt groups. 

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi JH,

Does the user have an appearance of the GDM extension on one of their line buttons?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/design/design21/cuedg21/cuevmdes.html#wp1023640

Cheers!

Rob

Hello Rob,

No, the GDM just has some users as member.

Jan

Hi Jan,

As per the doc I linked above, this seems to be a requirement for MWI & GDM's;

GDMs

MWI for GDMs is done in the same manner as MWI for personal mailboxes. If the extension associated with a GDM appears on a phone, then that phone receives MWI for message activity in the GDM. MWI for GDMs is not done to the phones associated with the extensions of the group's members; it is done only to the extension directly associated with the group mailbox. 

GDMs can be associated with extension types that cannot be placed as button appearances on a phone, such as Cisco CME automatic call distributor (ACD) or hunt-group pilot numbers. If the GDM is associated with such a type of extension, there is no MWI for messages in that GDM on any of the phones that belong to the ACD or hunt group. You can work around this by configuring the ACD or hunt group to forward calls to an intermediate extension (which is set permanently to CFA calls to the voice mail pilot number), rather than forwarding directly to voice mail. The intermediate extension can now be placed on a phone as a button appearance and MWI for GDMs can be implemented even for GDMs functionally assigned to ACD or hunt groups. 

Cheers!

Rob

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Thank you Rob,

I am much more familiar with CUCM/IMP/CUC/UCCX than with CME and CUE. So it seemed I tried to do something that isn't working. And an extra button is not possible.

So I configured SMTP and now the end user gets personal and GDM mail in his/her mail box

We are OK with that

Thanks!

Jan