cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Has anyone created a CUCM web gui front end using AXL api?

sinfeldbart
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking to simplify our CUCM admin portal to our most commonly used fields. One of our reps mentioned they could create a web front end and use python to access the API to accomplish this. I'm wondering if someone has already created a open source version of this? Or are there add on products that simplify the interface?

4 Replies 4

I moved this post to the Collaboration/UCM ingrastructure areas where you are more likely to get a response to your question.
The short answer that I am aware of is yes there are third parties that allow you to do modification of UCM items via their system and not UCM directly.

There are multiple options available for 3:rd party administration systems. We use a system from Ziro named Ziro Provisioning for Cisco, ZPC in short. It provides a very simplified UI compared with the standard CM admin webUI.

Response Signature

Other options include Akkadian Labs (my go-to), Kurmi, and Unimax.

As for rolling your own: don’t. A lot of the input validation is done in the CCM Admin Tomcat app instead of the API layer. It can be really frustrating to decipher why API calls fail, just ask any of the aforementioned vendors who have poured countless hours into figuring this out.

We created our own 3rd party for this. Its called EasyUC and has main focus to make config as easy as possible for 1st Level Support. We are not open source, but i think not that expensive. For a 1000 User CUCM Installation you pay 3600$ per year including support.

To get a feeling how this could look like, watch a short Video how to create a device. 

https://youtu.be/ero5NoFvzK0?si=QYzAbsaF-FeShnsG