cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to auto dial a speed dial when call is received on an extension

jawadaliqamar
Level 1
Level 1

I have this number 4555,,,6668888 configured as a speed dial on an extension line "2008" in CUCM 11.x.

I want the speed dial number "4555,,,6668888" to be auto dialed without any manual intervention whenever someone calls 2008.

How can I achieve this?

14 Replies 14

Speed dials doesn’t operate like that. A SD is used to make a call from the device where the SD is setup, not to make a call when the device is receiving a call. What your looking for is a Translation Pattern.

Response Signature

Or Call Forward All.

Hi @Roger Kallberg and @Jonathan Schulenberg ,

Thank you for the reply. 

As far as I'm aware, Route/Translation Patterns do not support sending DTMF automatically with pauses or has it changed?

Call forwarding doesn't accept ,,, in call forwarding number which is used as a speed dial pause to send DTMF afterwards automatically.

The requirement here is, to receive call from Service provider through SIP trunk (could be on an extension) and then then Dial a string 4555 with 6s pause ',,,' and then send 6668888 as DTMF without any manual intervention.

How can I achieve this?

Do I understand correctly that the target needs to receive both the 4555 AND the 6668888 with the pause in between? How long a pause is required?

Is the target another CUCM-based object? Another internal entity like an application or a 3rd-party PBX (and what is the connection)? Or will the call hairpin back out to the Service Provider?

Maren

Hi @Maren Mahoney 

Thank you for the reply.

Yes. The target needs to receive both the 4555 AND the 6668888 with the pause in between. The pause required is 6 seconds.

The Target is a 3rd party system which has a SIP trunk with CUCM. 

The expected call flow is to dial 4555 to reach 3rd party PBX through Route Pattern, then send 6668888 as DTMF automatically after a 6 second pause.

As far as I know, there is no way to do this natively in CUCM. I've been trying different things by passing the call through Cisco Unity Connection to have it automatically dial out, but have not stumbled on a way.

Dial-peers can be configured to prefix 'pauses' by causing the dial-peer to prefix commas (one second for each comma), but that would strip the 4555 and send the 'pauses' plus the remaining digits. 

I don't know if there is a way to do what you are asking. Hopefully someone else here knows.

Maren

Hi @Maren Mahoney 

Thank you for your efforts. Hoping for the best to find a solution here.

Cheers,

Jawad

Hi @Roger Kallberg and @Jonathan Schulenberg

Any ideas would be highly appreciated. Thank you. 

BR,

Jawad

From what I know there are no way to achieve what you’re trying to accomplish.

Response Signature

Your correct. I missed the part with pause and then sending DTMF. Please disregard my previous response.

Response Signature

very informative answer

Not sure if I understand what you mean. I answered that to the best of my knowledge what the OP is asking for is not achievable. If you have options on my answer please be specific in what it is that you would want to be different?

Response Signature

Jonny Bacoz
Level 1
Level 1

To automatically dial the speed dial number "4555,,,6668888" without any manual input when a call is made to extension "2008" in CUCM 11.x, you have the option to set up a Call Forward All (CFA) feature on the extension "2008" directing calls to the speed dial number. This can be achieved by logging into the CUCM Administration, going to the Directory Number Configuration page for "2008", and configuring the Call Forward All destination to "4555,,,6668888".

Exactly what you suggest has already been discussed in this thread and discarded as not being a workable solution. A CFA would not include any pauses as the OP wants as part of the call.

Response Signature