Helpful
Replies

How to Configure Greeting Message

Marwan Ruslan
Level 1
Level 1

I have CUCM 9.1 and UCCX 10

I want to configure greeting message to a directory number:

All Calls greeted with welcome message and then Call transfirring to Call Center

Can anyone guide me to configure?.

Thanks in advance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since you have UCCX, then you can do all this on UCCX itself. Simply send the call to UCCX and then set the required announcements, prompts etc in the script itself. In case, you do not want the calls to come over to UCCX and just remain on CM then follow the documentation Manish shared in order to set up Call Queuing.

So basically what you will need to do is below in case you want to do it using UCCX:

1) Call will first come to CUCM for a particular DID lets say 408 895 9232

2) You can now create a CTI Route Point on UCCX for the exact number i.e., 408 895 9232 else you can also create it for some other random number lets say 4000. If you go for later, then please ensure you are transforming 408 895 9232 to 4000 on CM using Translation Pattern since UCCX will only entertain the calls which will come for the CTI Route Point directory Number

3) Associate the CTI Route Point you created in step 2 with Call Control Group (will need to create on UCCX as well)

4) Create an application on UCCX and associate the CTI Route point and the script with it

Note: You will of course need to create the script with all the required prompts, announcements etc

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

Marwan, please make sure that the prompt specifications are as below:

Bit rate :64 kbps
Audio Sample Size : 8 bit
Channel : 1 mono
Audio Sample rate : 8 khz
Audio Format : CCIT - u -Law

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marwan,

You need to configure as per the following

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3E0EFA0_00_cucm-features-services-guide-91/CUCM_BK_C3E0EFA0_00_cucm-features-services-guide-91_chapter_01000.html

HTH

Manish

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since you have UCCX, then you can do all this on UCCX itself. Simply send the call to UCCX and then set the required announcements, prompts etc in the script itself. In case, you do not want the calls to come over to UCCX and just remain on CM then follow the documentation Manish shared in order to set up Call Queuing.

So basically what you will need to do is below in case you want to do it using UCCX:

1) Call will first come to CUCM for a particular DID lets say 408 895 9232

2) You can now create a CTI Route Point on UCCX for the exact number i.e., 408 895 9232 else you can also create it for some other random number lets say 4000. If you go for later, then please ensure you are transforming 408 895 9232 to 4000 on CM using Translation Pattern since UCCX will only entertain the calls which will come for the CTI Route Point directory Number

3) Associate the CTI Route Point you created in step 2 with Call Control Group (will need to create on UCCX as well)

4) Create an application on UCCX and associate the CTI Route point and the script with it

Note: You will of course need to create the script with all the required prompts, announcements etc

Regards

Deepak

Thank you Mr. Deepak

I did as your advice but now while i am trying to Upload Greeting Message .wav file, Sound become very noise when calling

Note: i am using Windows 7 Sound Recorder

Marwan, please make sure that the prompt specifications are as below:

Bit rate :64 kbps
Audio Sample Size : 8 bit
Channel : 1 mono
Audio Sample rate : 8 khz
Audio Format : CCIT - u -Law

Regards

Deepak