cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Import wav file in Unity 7 for subscriber greeting?

Brian Beaman
Level 1
Level 1

We are updating info on the voicemail for our general mailboxes on all of our sites. The recording I have to make is long and basically the same for all the sites. Is there any way to import a greeting or copy and paste a wav file in to Unity so I can use one recording and don't have to record a minute long recording 16 times that I will screw up 100 times?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ahh...  You wrote 'unity' and my brain added the 'connection'.  Sorry about that.  From memory, it's a really similar process though.  I did leave out a step though.  In unity connection, after going to the greetings section you have to select the greeting you want to update/review (standard, alternate, etc).  Then scroll down for the "play/record" button.  I don't have a unity server to check but am hoping thatwill be close enough to get you there.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

Sure - enter the mailbox and go to the greetings config section.  Then click the "play/record" button.  After the media master widget loads (you may have to sit through a java install if you've never used it), click "options" -> "open file".  Then browse for and select the file...

I can't seem to find that option unless I'm looking in the wrong place.  Is that in Unity Connection? I just have plain old Unity 7.0

Ahh...  You wrote 'unity' and my brain added the 'connection'.  Sorry about that.  From memory, it's a really similar process though.  I did leave out a step though.  In unity connection, after going to the greetings section you have to select the greeting you want to update/review (standard, alternate, etc).  Then scroll down for the "play/record" button.  I don't have a unity server to check but am hoping thatwill be close enough to get you there.

Ok I feel dumb now. I never noticed the drop down arrow on the recording box. It has a paste from file option in there. Thanks for the help!

Great!  Glad my poor memory was able to get you close enough.