cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Import wav file in Unity 7 for subscriber greeting?

Brian Beaman
Level 1
Level 1

We are updating info on the voicemail for our general mailboxes on all of our sites. The recording I have to make is long and basically the same for all the sites. Is there any way to import a greeting or copy and paste a wav file in to Unity so I can use one recording and don't have to record a minute long recording 16 times that I will screw up 100 times?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ahh...  You wrote 'unity' and my brain added the 'connection'.  Sorry about that.  From memory, it's a really similar process though.  I did leave out a step though.  In unity connection, after going to the greetings section you have to select the greeting you want to update/review (standard, alternate, etc).  Then scroll down for the "play/record" button.  I don't have a unity server to check but am hoping thatwill be close enough to get you there.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

Sure - enter the mailbox and go to the greetings config section.  Then click the "play/record" button.  After the media master widget loads (you may have to sit through a java install if you've never used it), click "options" -> "open file".  Then browse for and select the file...

I can't seem to find that option unless I'm looking in the wrong place.  Is that in Unity Connection? I just have plain old Unity 7.0

Ahh...  You wrote 'unity' and my brain added the 'connection'.  Sorry about that.  From memory, it's a really similar process though.  I did leave out a step though.  In unity connection, after going to the greetings section you have to select the greeting you want to update/review (standard, alternate, etc).  Then scroll down for the "play/record" button.  I don't have a unity server to check but am hoping thatwill be close enough to get you there.

Ok I feel dumb now. I never noticed the drop down arrow on the recording box. It has a paste from file option in there. Thanks for the help!

Great!  Glad my poor memory was able to get you close enough. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: