Views
Helpful
Replies

Inactive Firmware Load failing for 78XX and 88XX devices

smgroene01
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM Version: 11.5.1.15900-18
Two Clusters in enterprise: both have 1 Publisher node and 4 Subscriber nodes (2 subscriber nodes separated geographically).
Device Types: 7821/7841/8811

On both of the clusters, we have 12.8.1 as the active firmware load, and is installed on all 5 nodes in the cluster. The inactive load is 12.5.1, and is only installed on the Publisher. One of the clusters is working as intended and the active/inactive firmware loads are being pulled into the phones without issue. The other cluster is having issues with the inactive load for some reason, and reverting to the next most recent load - 12.1.1 - for the inactive load.

If anyone can provide guidance i would definitely appreciate it!

1 Reply 1

Phone firmware is a cluster wide affair, as such it should be installed on all nodes in the cluster. Since this is your inactive version and you say you already have it installed on your Publisher I would think you could safely install it on the other nodes without it changing the database entry for active load. But please note I’ve never tested this, so it might not operate as envisioned. You might end up with needing to install the active firmware version again after you finish the installation of the inactive version on all cluster nodes.

Also have you checked the values for active and inactive loads under device defaults?

Response Signature