cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound Caller ID Name Not Displaying

DAVID BURKHART
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 2811 router with a T1 card that serviced a PRI. It was configured as an MGCP gateway. Caller ID Name and Number worked fine. I replaced it with an ISR4331 but configured it as an h.323 gateway. After placing the 4331 in service, incoming Caller ID Name no longer displays on phones (Caller ID Number works fine). I read an old post from 2010 that said only MGCP gateways could take the Caller ID Name; I'm hoping that's changes in 13 years. Any assistance would be appreciated. 

15 Replies 15

I agree with @Nithin Eluvathingal that H.323 is a dead technology to be avoided, and with @Roger Kallberg wondering why you went away from MGCP if it was working.

That said, the problem could be that the provider doesn't send the caller name in the SETUP message. I have frequently seen the caller name being sent in a subsequent INFO message after the SETUP, usually when the ISDN switch type is NI. Here is how I addresses that for H.323.

For CCM:

voice service voip
 h323
  h225 display-ie ccm-compatible
!
Interface Serial0/0/0:23
 isdn supp-service name calling
 isdn outgoing display-ie ???
 isdn outgoing ie redirecting-number ???
!

for CME:

Interface Serial0/0/0:23
 isdn supp-service name calling
!
voice-port 0/0/0:23
 caller-id enable
!

It is a little different with SIP. What I have done there is to buffer the INVITE for 500ms before sending it to CUCM. By then the caller name has been received.

sip-ua
 timers buffer-invite 500