cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

inbound calls problem

TechBhole241
Level 1
Level 1

in our campus inbound call is not reaching upto internal network . so what may be the problem and what will be the solution

Mohan Singh
5 Replies 5

This is a very wide question. Without you giving a little bit of more specific information about your problem at hand, no one would know how to answer this.

Response Signature

Thanks for you for replying me. Presently i am using CUCM 12.5 and Gateway is ISR 3925 series. Exact problem in our network is that Inbound calls are landing from our isdn PRI to CUCM server but are not reaching at end user from CUCM. So could you told me what may be the problem and what is the solution for this problem 

Mohan Singh

As @Roger Kallberg said, please provide things like:

• Call flow (ex. - PSTN SIP Trunk > CUBE > SIP Trunk > CUCM)
  • Equipment involved and versions (CUCM version, CUBE version or are you using a regular router, types of connections)
  • Exact nature of the trouble. (ex. - Calls get to the CUBE, but do not reach CUCM. Or...Calls reach CUCM but do not ring on the phone.)

More details will help us help you.

Maren

Thanks for you for replying me. Presently i am using CUCM 12.5 and Gateway is ISR 3925 series. Exact problem in our network is that Inbound calls are landing from our isdn PRI to CUCM server but are not reaching at end user from CUCM. So could you told me what may be the problem and what is the solution for this problem 

Mohan Singh

So if you know that the voice gateway is successfully sending the calls to your CM and that it does send the correct called number format then the next place to look is that the inbound CSS set on the gateway/trunk configuration object in CM has visibility of the partition where you have your directory numbers. If you don’t know that the gateway is sending the correct format for called number I would recommend you to start in the gateway end and verify this first. May I ask what type of control protocol you use on your voice gateway, SIP, H323 or MGCP? If you’re using SIP or H323 you would likely use voice translation rule(s) in the gateway to set the called and for that matter calling number to the proper format, but if you’re using MGCP it would be done in CM and that can be done in a few various ways.

Response Signature