Views
Helpful
Replies

Informacast - Multicast configuration

Luciano Vigano'
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

anyone has try the Informacast paging software?

Any suggestions about multicast configurations?

All switches are 3750X + 6509 (in VSS).

Thanks in advance,

Luciano

23 Replies 23

Old thread here - but was hoping to get some clarification.  I have a small remote site that only needs about 6 overhead speakers. I have no interest in messing with Multicast configuration.  Can I do this unicast ?  I'm running 11.x CUCM.

TIA,

Amir

Hey Luciano, whats going on!

were you able to ever get informacast to start multicasting information on your network.  I was trying to do something similar to multicast audio to cisco ip phones on our network but cannot figure out how to assing a multicast address to the paging server.  does it come with a multicast address? or did you assign one for your paging server manually so your vlans can join the multicast group? and how were you able to do this?  I also have a core(L3), Distribution(MLS) access(L2), and the multicast paging server is attached to the core.  All info given is greatly appreciated!!!!

Regards!

Rick

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am aware of it being posted anywhere on Cisco, you need to download it from Singlewire website after you register with them, not sure if you need partner and/or customer license ownership to have access to it.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

jgreenberg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can we use the paging GW with the Basic version or is Advanced required ?

Thanks,

Jon

Not sure 100%, but I don't see why it would not work with the basic. You can contact singlewire as they are very good to work with and will answer this for you.

HTH,

Chris

I would guess no, since that requires a SW License plugin on Informacast.  But I am not singlewire, and there is a guy from there that offered to asnwer questions here:

View the full discussion

I just confirmed my guess is correct.  Can I give myself 5 points?

I'll give you five points. Bam!

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!