cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

installing a second language

thomas1
Level 2
Level 2

According to the License Info Viewer on our Unity server, we are licensed for two languages. How do we install the second language?

Configuring users to use that language shouldn't be an issue. I think it's done using a specific template built to use the second language. There is a drop down menu on the "conversation" page of the template. We only have English showing. We need to install French (Canadian) if possible.

We are using 4.0(4)SR1 and it's integrated with Exchange.

Thanks,

Stu

4 Replies 4

at
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i think default you can install 2 Languages;

Further you need the Software (CD,DVD) for the language you want to install;

as described following you need to rerun the unity setup program !!!

If during initial setup, you did not install the language(s) you need, refer to the "Rerunning the Cisco Unity Setup Program to Install Additional Licensed Features" section in the "Upgrading or Modifying a Cisco Unity 4.0 System" chapter of the Cisco Unity Installation Guide for details on how to upgrade languages.

Look at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_upgrade_guides_chapter09186a0080205a7d.html#wp1296922

Here you find under Adding Language the necessary steps to add a second language;

I have done this with English and German --

When you install the second language the unity services are not available !! (no voice mail ...)

regards

alex

Thanks! I think this is exactly what i needed. :)

I have all the DVD and CD disks for Unity. One of them has "FRA" on it, so I think that has the language I need.

Stu

I want to confirm how many language license come with Unity by default. In my last 2 installs I get 2 languages licenses, is this the case. Or should it only be one?

Chris

Yes, you get two licenses with Unity by default for languages.

andy dignan - berbee