Views
Helpful
Replies

International Calling

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

I wanted to know has anyone seen this issue before and if so what can I try to fix the issue. I have users who aren't able to dial certain International numbers. For example I have a users who is trying to dial the U.A.E. and they get a fast busy but then I have users who are dialing Lebanon and they can get certain numbers to work but not others they get a fast busy.

Eric

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try from another phone to make sure they work, and if they do, start by looking at the debugs to try and find out the reason for this. You can compare a working Vs not working call.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I actually had users in all of our other city try these numbers and they work fine. And as far as doing a debug, we have 3725's which are very old as our VG's and every time I try a debug it reboots. So we don't even try to do debugs on them. I did work with AT&T yesterday and on the Q931 traps from his end he shows the calls that work come across as National and the ones that fail come across and International. I changed my route pattern to unknown like he asked and it still fails.

Did you check with AT&T if they are receiving the correct Plan and Type after you made the changes on CUCM? If yes, then they should be investigating further or letting you know what else is wrong / missing. If they are still not getting the correct Type and Plan then you can involve the CUCM team to check traces. If you are using MGCP gateway then you may consider moving to H323 or SIP as it will allow you to edit these settings on the gateway as well.

HTH

Manish

Make sure you conform to your ISPs specs like the Plan and Type.

I encountered same issue before where the ISP was expecting the plan type should be set to  International.

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.