cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues Call Forwarding a number back out to PSTN

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

Working on a 2911 that is configured as a MGCP gateway in CUCM 12.5 and has 2 PRIs on it.  I'm receiving 4 digits from the carrier and normal DNs are working as expected.  If they perform a CFA or CFNA on their extension outbound to the PSTN it works fine.  I'm looking at a fax that comes in on the same PRI and trying to CFA it to a number back on the PSTN.  I created a translation pattern and have it matching the desired outbound number.  If I review a call trace it appears that the number is translated as expected, but the call fails.  Looking in the logs I see "(34) No circuit/channel available" as the disconnect cause.  I can post the call log if needed.

3 Replies 3

What does the output from 'debug isdn q931' look like for a successful call and a failed call?

Thanks for this. I had enabled the debug before but didn't realize what was happening until I reread it this morning.  Looks like there was a calling party pattern configured for outgoing calls that messed up the original caller ID but then failed to match a number on the PRI. Updated my translation pattern calling translation and tested and worked fine. Reading the debug output again I was able to catch the calling number being incorrect.

Glad you have a workaround. I was thinking it was something like that. Another option is having CUCM send redirecting information to that gateway. If the provider sees a number from the PRI in the redirecting information, they will usually route the call. That could have other unintended consequences, so you'll need to be careful and let people know if you go that route. Other kinds of calls that get forwarded out to the PSTN could be impacted.