Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber problem with hearing

SFI Admin
Level 1
Level 1

Dears, Hope you are doing well

We have no issues with jabber inside the Local network as everything works very well, also when using external network and calling internal numbers from jabber and answering from the Cisco SIP phones also everything is working well, but we have 2 issues

1- when calling from external network and answering from jabber we can't hear each other

2- when calling from local Cisco SIP phones to jabber outside the office we can't hear each other.

Any solution would be appreciated 

Thanks & Regards

8 Replies 8

Marino45
Level 1
Level 1

Same. It happens when I answer calls from an external network through Jabber, and also when I make calls from my local Cisco SIP phone to Jabber outside of the office.

Yes exactly that what happens with us

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

I have similar deployment but with Cisco sccp phones and jabber. I do not experience these issues

Edited

Are you calling from a gsm network to your internal jabber or from external jabber to your internal jabber

From what I understand, you are experiencing audio issues when calling from external jabber to local jabber? Do you experience the same audio issue  from local jabber to external jabber

How is your expressway E deployed? Are you using static NAT ?Does your expressway E have public Ip? Did you deploy MRA or Business to Business calling ?

In the cucm under region, what is bandwidth you set up for Audio?

when calling from gsm to internal jabber everything is working normal 

when calling from internal jabber to gsm jabber we can't hear each other

we are using static nat and we have a public ip

SFIAdmin_2-1720530472098.pngSFIAdmin_3-1720530481062.pngSFIAdmin_4-1720530486414.png

Collect the logs from both Expressway E and C, and analyze them using the CSA Tool.

Response Signature

I’m assuming you’re using Dual NIC for the MRA. Please navigate to ‘SYSTEM >> NETWORK INTERFACE >> IP >> External NIC’ on the Expressway. Verify if NAT is enabled and ensure the correct Public IP address is specified.

NithinEluvathingal_0-1720422884094.png

Response Signature

We already have the same settings

SFIAdmin_1-1720530198939.png

did you open this port range >> 36000 ~ 59999 UDP >> (this range port are used for transport Audio & Video..)
on your WAN-DMZ-Firewall toward Expressway-Edge-External-NIC ?..

although this is very large range, you must see how many simultaneous calls you maybe have,
and almost for every call you must consider 10 UDP port of this range..
for-example >> if you have 20 simultaneous calls >> you must open 36000 to 36200 UDP port..

>> my Telegram id: @morez_hadi + if this helped, please rate by click (Accept as solution) or (Helpful)