Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber UDS - partitioned Search base

kkhanis
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

would anyone know if its possible to segregate the search scope between a group of users in CUCM 9.1 IM & P for Jabber with UDS (CUCM internal direcotry) as the directory? i.e have group A only able to search users in group A.

I know this can be done with EDS by specifying the search base on the jabber-config.xml file so that it only poitns to the OU of that user group - assuming that we only want to segregate based on OU groups.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Kamran

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not with UDS, they're all in the same DB and all accessible. If you want/need that, you need to go the EDI way.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not with UDS, they're all in the same DB and all accessible. If you want/need that, you need to go the EDI way.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thats what i thought..thanks for confirming.

on a bit separate note, what about interdomain federation (with EDI if that makes any difference)? Can we create federation and yet only allow a certain group of users to be able to use this/search/IM external users?

Thanks,

Kamran

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: