Views
Helpful
Replies

License upgrade

David Appiah
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Folks,

I  really need help here. A customer has requested for a software upgrade license  from CUCM 7 to CUCM 9.  CUCM 7 is currently running on Cisco MCS7816 i4 server. Which software license is applicable here?? :-(

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi David,

The customer needs to have UCSS contract for major upgrades.If they do not have, then, u need to buy migration licenses along with application S/W i.e. CUCM9/CUCM10

secondly,customer needs to replace H/W as well and opt for Virtualization.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi David,

The customer needs to have UCSS contract for major upgrades.If they do not have, then, u need to buy migration licenses along with application S/W i.e. CUCM9/CUCM10

secondly,customer needs to replace H/W as well and opt for Virtualization.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman

Thanks for the response. Honestly i'm no too conversant with stuff about Cisco license.. but if am able to get the part number/SKU of the migration license, I can carry on from there. Please is R-CBE6K-K9 applicable here?

Lastly, regarding the H/W upgrade, which Hardware model will you recommend?

Hi David,

If u are planning to go for BE6K, then u need to go for UCSC220 since BE6K comes bundled with H/w and S/W.

R-CBE6K-K9 is main SKU for getting licenses.UC8.X or earlier would be the Part code along with that u need to have upgrade licenses under standard pricing or Get Current Stay Current Pricing.

I suggest u involve Partner for more details.

regds,

aman