cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate CUCM CUC and UCCX to new environment ESXi

Meddane
VIP
VIP

I am planning to deploy new VMs including CUCM version 14, Unity Connection version 14 and UCCX version 12.5 in a new ESXi envrionment with new support. Because the old solution with BE 6000 M4 is end of life.

For CUCM and CUC, the Install with Data Import feature is suitable to import the old configuration into the new installed Nodes (CUCM v14 and CUCv14).

For UCCX It seems that the Install with Data Import feature is not supported, as an alternative for retrieving the old configuration without reconfiguring the new UCCX v12.5 is to use the following procedure:

1.Take a DRS Backup of the old UCCX 11.5.

2.Install a new UCCX 11.5

3.Restore the previous DRS Backup

4.Upgrade the new UCCX 11.5 to 12.5

What do you think? and do you have another solution?

Capture d'écran 2024-02-27 113443.png

4 Replies 4

For CUCM, I would prefer using PCD for migration rather than a fresh install with data export. As for CUC, a fresh install with data export is suitable. And for UCCX, the current approach is acceptable. If you have VMotion, consider moving the VM and upgrading it on the new box

Response Signature

Meddane
VIP
VIP

Thanks for your reply. With "UCCX with vmotion then upgrade from 11.5 to 12.5", there is no risk I believe with the new support. The new deployment will have a new support and service contract.

Also,  is the PCD free?

PCD is indeed a free tool, and it is bundled with the serv

Response Signature

Steven L
Spotlight
Spotlight

PCD makes a lot of tasks easier. I highly recommend it. 

I do wish it had LDAP integration.