Views
Helpful
Replies

MTP Server

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

I wanted to know can someone explain to me how do I activate additional MTP services on a networked server.

Currently we have a sonexis conference bridge and we have 96 ports but we only have 72 MTP resources. I was

reading a Cisco document and it said that you can either do a software or hardware MTP server. You can enable

the MTP service on a voice router or you can enable it on another server on your network and tie those services

back into call manager. I would like to try it on the networked server so I wanted to know if anyone has done this

can you tell me the steps to take to get this done. Or if you think the other way is better I can do down that path.

Really which ever way is the easiest and the quickest way to get them the needed resources i'm willing to do it.

Thanks in advance for the help and have a great day.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok. That would be something to work with sonexis technical support to fix in a perfect world. It sounds like they cannot deal with media suspension and the MTP is anchoring the sonexis call leg to keep media active at all times.

If you need additional MTP resources a router is your best place to get them. The configuration example link I provided above will help you through setting one up.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The real question here is what about the sonexis conference bridge is requiring the use of an MTP? Ideally you want to avoid the MTP entirely.

You can run an MTP in one of two places: on an IOS router or on a CUCM cluster node.

• Router: This is a software bridge if you're using router CPU. It's only a hardware MTP if you're using DSPs which normally isn't required for MTP functionality.
  • CUCM server: This is the IP Voice Media Streaming Application (IPVMSA) service. Depending on the scale you require you can either run this coresident with an existing cluster node; or, add a new node that runs only this service.

CallManager and IOS Gateway DSP Farm Configuration Example

Cisco UC SRND Media Resources - Media Termination Point

Jonathan

I'm new to all of this so I'm still learning,so what you are saying is that I don't really need additional MTP services.

And the SRND that you sent will show me how to configure them if they want them?

Jonathan

I was reading through some fo the documentation that we have on the Sonexis from the guy that set it up and this is the reason that we are using MTP.

"This isn't required for the conference to work, but without it there is a problem resuming a call after someone puts it on hold.For example,if someone is joined to a conference and they press hold for whatever reason,then try to resume the call,they can't.

Ok. That would be something to work with sonexis technical support to fix in a perfect world. It sounds like they cannot deal with media suspension and the MTP is anchoring the sonexis call leg to keep media active at all times.

If you need additional MTP resources a router is your best place to get them. The configuration example link I provided above will help you through setting one up.

Thanks alot Jonathan, I'll get with Sonexis and see if they have a fix for this. And it may be fixed already because we just upgraded to Call Manger 8.6.2 and the latest verion of the Sonexis software.So I'm going to remove the MTP associations to the CB and setup a conference and put myself on hold and then try to  rejoin the conference and see if it works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: