Views
Helpful
Replies

Native call queue, AA and voice port

Yangjp715
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

I met a challenge issue recently, the customer got busy tone when they called hunt number. We have AA based on Unity Connection 9, we also have native call queue (hunt). When the customer calls the DID number we published, the called number will be translated to 100 on H.323 voice gateway, then go to CUCM, and directly forward to voicemail (forward all to VM in DN 100). Then the call  will be forwarded to CUCM hunt via Unity Connection call handler after check schedule.

The call routing as following.

Call DID number from PSTN-->voice gateway (translate PSTN number to 100)-->CUCM-->Unity Connection (call handler)-->CUCM native call queue

We have a dedicated PRI for hunt, there were a lot of channels available when the issue happened. In order to avoid the congestion caused by voice port. I added Unity Connection subscriber to have CUC cluster to get 48 voice ports. Every time when i reset the port group in UC, the issue disappeared. Sometimes, there are only 3-5 calls for hunt, but the issue still happened. I'm wondering is there something wrong with voice port settings?

Thanks in advanced,

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I see,  holidays would be difficult, but you can define static days in time periods in CUCM, which technically is the same thing as in UCXN.

I guess I don't see from your description what your issue is exactly, are calls no longer arriving to the hunt group? 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Yangjp715
Level 2
Level 2

Just now i checked voice ports via RTMT, there are a lot of ports available.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So, is there only purpose of routing it via Unity Connection to check the schedule? If so, why not use time of day routing in CUCM and not waste your UCXN ports?

Thanks for the reply. Chris. I created time of day before, but it is only for weekdays, it cannot identify holiday. Any idea here?

When the issue happened, i check the voice port usage using RTMT, there are a lot of voice ports available. The status of the most voice ports are idle.

I see,  holidays would be difficult, but you can define static days in time periods in CUCM, which technically is the same thing as in UCXN.

I guess I don't see from your description what your issue is exactly, are calls no longer arriving to the hunt group? 

The hunt group works very well before, but recently it isn't stable. The customer got busy tone when they called hunt, there were a lot of channels available from PRI, and the most of voice ports were idle.

Unfortunately it seems like one of the things that is happening on occasion which would need to be investigated by reviewing the logs on the GW, Unity Connection and CUCM. My advise would be to open a TAC case on this and collect logs when the issue re-surfaces.

Thanks Chris, i already opened a case, but it seems very hard to deal with.

Is CUC integrated with SIP or SCCP? What happens if you change the Call Transfer operation to Supervised?

I ran into a similar issue in 9.1 where the Unsupervised Transfer (i.e. SIP REFER) would not complete until the Native Queuing-enabled Hunt Pilot call was answered by a Line Group member. Tricky situation in CUCM where it can't figure out what to do about media capabilities. I had to change the design to pull CUC out of the path; I used CCX IVR since that customer had it.

It only happened when Native Queuing was enabled. Normal hunt pilot worked as expected.

Hi Jonathan,

CUC is integrated with CUCM using SCCP.

I reset the hunt list and port group this morning, it works. I will keep my eyes on it.

The TAC engineer suggests to delete hunt pilot/list and recreate it, then restart CUC cluster.

Thanks,

Eric