Views
Helpful
Replies

PIMG integration for Avaya G3 to Unity

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

We are running Unity 4.0(4)SR1 with CallManager 4.0(2a)sr1a. We have a customer using Avaya G3, version 6, integrated with Octel. They have run out of Octel licenses. We are interested in pursuing a PIMG integration in March-April 2005 timeframe so that we could move these customers to Unity. Unfortunately, moving them to CallManager is not an option at this time. The PBXLink integration is also not an option. I have two questions:

1. What is the targeted date/roadmap for the availability of an Avaya PBX/PIMG integration?

2. I suspect there will be a minimum version of the Avaya PBX software required. Can you tell us what version we would need to be at for a proper integration?

Thank you very much!

Ginger

2 Replies 2

kleo
Level 3
Level 3

Well, I've also been waiting to hear back, since it sounds like cisco has been testing this in their lab.

Based on intel's website a avaya R3 or higher with 2 wire digital card support.

http://resource.intel.com/telecom/support/pimg/manuals/1947-01.pdf

Intel makes the PIMG gateway.

pjt8537
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ginger,

Did you ever implement the PIMG PBX integration with your Avaya G3. We are looking to take our dual integrated CCM/G3R systems (primary and failover)to new hardware (Compaq DL 380 G4 servers). We would like to get rid of the Dialogic cards, as they are problematic and restrict hardward that we can select from. We are currently on Unity 4.0(4) SR1 and are looking to move to 4.1(X). Just looking to get some feedback from someone that might have already done this and any caveats that you might have run into. Thanks for any input you might have!

Paul (pturner@idahopower.com)