cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Preferred Unity Connection

rarmitage
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco Unity Connection Pub set up in one location and a Sub in another. Each location has SIP trunks running into a CUBE gateway. The issue I am seeing is that the calls coming into the SUB location are make a connection to the PUB call handler. How do you define the preferred Unity Connection for the calls to connect?

3 Replies 3

AFAIK there is one CUC server at any given time that has the active role in the cluster and processes calls. That’s why there are two trunks in CM for the integration with CUC. What do you mean by “Each location has SIP trunks running into a CUBE gateway.”? Is your CUC not integrated with CM?

Response Signature

Whichever node is primary has the writeable copy of the mail store and DB but both are fully functional. The design guide wants the sub to primarily handle calls while the pub does other stuff such as Single Inbox.

Anyway, you control how calls are directed in CUCM using the Route Patterns/List/Group. Ensure they all point at the sub first and use a top down logic.

Thanks for clarifying and correcting my incorrect statement @Jonathan Schulenberg 

Response Signature