Replies

problem with jabber MRA expressway login

M Reza
Level 1
Level 1

i have problem with jabber MRA expressway login,

we installed cucm,cup 12.5 su6 + expressway core,edge 12.7.1

jabber lan login is ok

but jabber MRA internet login says: cannot connect to the server, Internal server error

and we also tested CollabEdgeValidator in cway.cisco, it says: CISCO-VTG-TOKEN not found in authentication mechanisms.

does anyone know how we can fix this issue?.. 

..if this (helps) or (answered your question), please click (Helpful) or (Accept as Solution)..
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I was not talking about any SRV-records. I was talking about reverse pointer records.
As described in the snippet, Exp-C needs to resolve the PTR of the Exp-E: "you must create forward and reverse DNS entries for each Expressway-E system"
This has nothing to do with any of the SRV-records.

How much clearer do you want to have the info to be presented to you?
If you don't read carefully or dont' pay attention to what people answer to help you solve your problem, then nobody can help you.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Look at this excellent presentation from the one and only Josh Hammond, https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/emea/docs/2019/pdf/BRKUCC-3347.pdf

Especially the section about XCP authentication should be of interest.

Response Signature

dear @Roger Kallberg , thanks for your attention

i see this great doc, so i will do some Diagnostic on both EXP-C and E, and will update you..

..if this (helps) or (answered your question), please click (Helpful) or (Accept as Solution)..

b.winter
VIP
VIP

As already written in the other post. In most cases, this is because of the reverse pointer missing in the DNS server.

Unbenannt.PNG

I would suggest, you go through the MRA configuration docs again and check, if you are missing any of the needed DNS entries.

hi dear @b.winter 

i checked our SRV-DNS records, everything is fine

both cisco-uds and cuplogin is only configured on LAN

and collab-edge is configured on Internet-DNS..

I was not talking about any SRV-records. I was talking about reverse pointer records.
As described in the snippet, Exp-C needs to resolve the PTR of the Exp-E: "you must create forward and reverse DNS entries for each Expressway-E system"
This has nothing to do with any of the SRV-records.

How much clearer do you want to have the info to be presented to you?
If you don't read carefully or dont' pay attention to what people answer to help you solve your problem, then nobody can help you.

thanks dear @b.winter 

the problem was from DNS reverse entries,

after correct them, cisco-vtg-token error was gone and jabber from wan - expressway is now login correctly..

Not related to your issue as such, but FYI you do not need to have the cuplogin SRV record any longer if you don’t plan on using very old versions of Jabber. This is clearly stated in the Jabber deployment documentation.

Response Signature