Views
Helpful
Replies

Provide ringback tone even an extension is not reachable

nguyenminhtuan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have a requirement to provide ringback tone even the extension is not reachable(Unregistered, None status, In case of issues) in CUCM.

The call flow is like this:

Incoming calls ----CUBE ----Sip trunk----CUCM-----extension

Is this achievable within CUCM or CUBE?

Thanks in advance.

Louis

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Louis,

Such an option is not available natively on CUCM to provide ringback tone for calls to unknown extensions, this may be possible though on the CUBE by invoking a customized script based on the specific signaling received for such calls.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your reply. 

Is there any reference to a script that may help?

Thanks,

Louis

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

It's not possible on the CUCM, you'll probably have to program something that'll be able to do it. I know one company that accomplished something similar, they can also provide call waiting tones when there's no feature like that in the CUCM.

You can somehow use the "External Call Control Profile Configuration", which is based of routing request. You can trigger a profile based on routing request and send it to an external web service (the one that you'll have to develop).

You can do more cools things with that, like if you have a CRM in your organization that contains information about your clients like their names, you can use it to externally query your CRM and use the name of the customer that called you (from the outside, not internally!) on your phone screen.

Read more about it, here:

https://developer.cisco.com/site/curri/learn/how-to/configure-external-call-control-profile/

Anyway, I don't see any easy way to accomplish what you wanted.