Views
Helpful
Replies

"Sorry, example administrator is not available"

bbtekgraf
Level 1
Level 1

Running Cisco Unity 4.2 Build 4.2(1)

After hours (5:30pm) Greetings starts, and after a selection is made to transfer a caller, they get the recording "Sorry, example administrator is not available".

This does not happen every call, enough to upset customers.

Any assistance would be great.

Thank you.

53 Replies 53

So, I guess the best answer to that is based on what you are trying to accomplish with that call handler. Is it just to get the call from their current selection to the next, or do you want to be able to allow the callers to leave a message? if you don't want them to leave a message, then set the after greeting action to send the caller somewhere else. You have a couple options here:

1) send the caller back to this call handler (call handler greeting would repeat until user selected an option or hung up).

2) send the caller to a subscriber (for messaging). In this option you can cause the call handler to send the call to the greeting for the subscriber or to attempt transfer for the subscriber.

3) you can send the call to hang up. This is not the most graceful option, but if you are only trying to give the caller information (provided in the greeting for the hunt group) then sending the call to hang up would also ensure that they don't here the "Sorry, The example administrator is not available".

One other thing that occurs to me is that you can change that message. All you are hearing is the default greeting for the mailbox (Example Administrator). To change this message:

1) access the example administrator mailbox.

- click on subscribers

- click on the find icon (magnifying glass)

- search by first name (typing example in the search criteria).

2) treat this like any other mailbox.

- on the profile screen, you will have the recorded voice (this is the cisco recording (Example Administrator).

- on the greetings screen, you will have the source of your standard greeting as System

Remember that the system greeting is: "Sorry {recorded name} is not available. Please leave your message after the tone.

to change this you have one of a couple options:

1) note the extension on the profile page

2) dial your voicemail pilot (the number that gets you to voicemail).

3) hit pound (#) at the prompt

4) when the system prompts you for id, input the extension you noted in step 1.

5) input the password for this box (if you have not changed this, it will be the default password for mailboxes).

- if you cannot access it, reset the password (using the phone password page of web admin).

6) either change the name of the mailbox by re-recording the name, or change the greeting to a recorded greeting by selecting that option from with the mailbox config (via phone).

There are other ways to record these messages, and if you are interested, I can go into further detail.

Thank you very much for the reply . I do have a Call Handler setup and the Opening Greeting will repeat if no option is pressed. We currently have three options setup and once they press # 1 it should go to a Line Group (Sales) w/about eight Line Members waiting for calls in Broadcast(Distribution Algorithm). RNA Timeout set to 30, and if the customer does not reach a sales rep, then they reach a Sales Group Subscriber mailbox where they can leave a message. This all works great but need to make sure it's correct and we do not receive this EAdmin error any longer.

I do understand about the EAdmin mailbox, but calls should be going to the Line Group only, not hearing an error. I will check w/a co-worker on the Exchange side of EAdmin also.

Again, thank you so much for the assistance and your time is very much appreciated.

okay...then to answer the previous question, you should set the owner of this mailbox to the Sales Group Subscriber mailbox. This would prevent the Example Administrator issue.

The changes made below have worked. (so far)

I changed the Owners for each Call Handler to their specific Subscribers mailbox from Example Administrator which was the default Owner when Unity was installed. Under Public Dist. List for Unaddressed Messages the Owner (under Profile & Members)is our receptionist and not Example Administrator.

I had to change the Owner on a couple of other Call Handlers as well. Is it that the Example Administrator account is corrupt?

I don't think so. I believe this is entended behavior. If a call handler is owned by another subscriber, it would say "Sorry, "Another Subscriber" is not available. or what ever their greeting was.

I don't think so either. Just did some more test calls right after the receptionist turned the Auto Attendant on and we continue to get the "Sorry, ..not available" error.(intermittently of course) I will reopen my TAC case. (609584203) Thank you for all of your help and I will post updates.

Really frustrating.

Forgive me for just jumping in here willy-nilly. I haven't read every single post leading up to this so if I repeat something that's been said, feel free to ignore me :)

If you're rolling to the owner's greeting of the call handler (Eadmin in this case), it means that either you've configured the preceding call handler to "send to greeting" rather than "attempt transfer", which I believe you've already confirmed is configured correctly.

OR

The other possibility is that these transfers are actually failing - milliseconds matter in situations like this as I've discovered, which may explain the intermittent behavior. Skinny TSP traces from Unity and CCM detailed traces should help point you in the right direction.

Brad

OK...I believe this issue has to do w/the Greetings of the Call Handlers.

I'm trying to keep my replies short, so if more info is needed, please let me know.

I noticed on a couple of the Call Handlers Greetings Status set to “Disabled”. (Didn't think you could disable Subscribers or Call Handlers Standard Greeting, but that's what the Greetings Status show.)

The Source is set to Blank.

If I switch the Source to either Recording, or System, the Standard Greeting goes back to Enable and I save my settings. Click on the same Greeting again, and Standard has changed back to Disabled.

Do I need to rebuild these Call Handler Hunt Groups? FYI..all of the other Greetings (Alternate, Busy, Closed, Internal) are set as Disabled.

I assume, based on you last sentence, that you have set the schedule for the affected call handlers to "All Hours, All Days" (or something equivilent. If my assumptions are wrong, it could be that you are looking at the inactive greeting (based on the time that you are viewing it). In other words, perhaps it is 5:45pm and you call handler's active hours are 6a-5p. If this is not the case, you might try rebuilding 1 call handler and see if that clears the problem for it. If it does, the rinse and repeat.

Thank you for the reply..again. The Profile setting for both Call Handlers is set to "All Hours - All Days". Also I should mention the Call Transfers are set to "Enabled" Transfer Incoming Calls..Yes, ring a subscriber at this extension. xxxx

And the Standard Greetings still show "Disabled".

I will rebuild one and let you know the outcome of the Greetings Status.

Thanks so much.

I deleted and rebuilt one of the Call Handler Hunt Groups. I changed the Active Sched to All Hours -All Days on Profile, setup the Call Transfer to the correct extension, and for Greetings, it defaults to Standard w/a Status of Enabled. Source was set to System. I also updated the Opening Greeting w/the new Call Handler under Caller Input.

First two test calls gave me my original error of "Sorry, Example Administrator is not available." Third call went through.

I changed the Source to Blank (just to see what would happen), and the Standard Greeting goes back to Disabled.

A new TAC Service Request has been opened and I will keep you posted.

Thanks

The Warning below is from Unity's Event Viewer and is generated each time the Call Handler transfer fails:

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: CiscoUnity_TSP

Event Category: None

Event ID: 109

Date: 1/7/2009

Time: 4:33:52 PM

User: N/A

Computer: Unity

Description:

Cisco Unity-CM TSP device 5 (Cisco Unity port 2): Failed blind transfer to extension 9253. Reorder tone detected.

If this is a persistent problem, it may indicate a problem on the Cisco Unity and/or Cisco CallManager. Verify that transfers are working.

Double check the partition/CSS configuration on all of your voice mail ports at the DN level. If it's different across various ports, it may explain why some have access to transferring and some do not.

Hope that does it for you,

Brad

Am I in the correct area here under CallManager?

Attached:

Yes, click on the "Ext" and then you should see Device level CSS and then the DN level CSS and Partition. Make sure the DN level CSS/Partitions are all the same on every port, that's all.