cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Re-Route incoming calls

gavinr98
Level 1
Level 1

Hope someone might be able to help with a way to do this. We have an office that one of our Cisco Routers went down which was providing voice. Since the T1 is down and all calls to this office are ringing busy, does anyone know of a way where we can route the calls through our T1 to their DID numbers? I was told by the Telco that they are able to route the calls to a number that we can assign on our CUCM and then we should be able to route that number to the extension that is being called. Hope this is making sense, never had to do something like this before, but was told it was possible.

All the devices in this office connect to our CUCM and are able to call out, we just cant get any incoming calls to these numbers.

12 Replies 12

If your PSTN provider can reroute calls to the down circuit/router, it is no different than any other inbound call to a different location. You have to have an available number, and the appropriate translation/routing for that number. If you have an extra DID at another location, perhaps you could do a quick auto attendant in Unity, or have the call ring to an operator/attendant at the site. You could have all the out of service numbers forwarded to that one number. You could also route them to a number that is handled by an existing auto attendant.

Thanks for the reply. We already have the calls going to the operator in our main office and then they can transfer back to the extensions, what we are trying to do is route the DID directly back to the user. Is that possible?

Currently - external user calls the DID and it gets answered by our Main Office and then gets transferred to Ext

Looking to do - external users call the DID and it get redirected directly to the users Ext.

You would have to have: A) a spare DID for each remote DID. B) call forward each remote DIDto a unique DID at the other site. C) translations built for those numbers at the new site to send them to the remote extension. Most people don't keep that many spare DID's in their back pocket.

How many PRI block and how many gateways you have

what's your current design.

Response Signature

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

This depends on the carrier.  In my part of the world a block of DDIs on an ISDN circuit can only be redirected to a single destination number.  Effectively it's the line they're redirecting rather than the number.

gavinr98
Level 1
Level 1

From what we were told by Lumen (the carrier) we should be able to forward all the DID's to one DID and then have call manager determine where the call needs to go. I am just not experience enough to know how to do this.

How many PRI you have , do you have pri at other locations ? 

Do you have analogue lines ? 

Response Signature

To do that the carrier would have to present the original dialled number somewhere in the call.  Did they explain how they do that?  I am doubtful.  If your T1s are ISDN rather than CAS, take a debug of one of the redirected calls and post it up here.  "debug isdn q931".  

If it's CAS then hopefully someone here can suggest the correct debug.

Not trying to be snarky, but how could CM possibly know the difference on all the calls that are forwarded to a specific number? The only possible solution I can think of is IF the carrier would send the call to the single number including forwarding information (REALLY BIG IF there), AND that number was associated with the mailbox (as delivered by the carrier), AND that number was delivered to Unity as a forwarded call. What you have is a less than ideal solution during the outage, but I don't see that you really have any better options. How long until the voice circuit/router is restored to service?

That was exactly my point when they told me that. I don't think the person that told us that information knew what he was talking about, this is why I was asking if there was a way to do this. For now, we are going to leave it as it is since we just received the replacement router and will have the site back to normal by the end of the week.

Thanks for all the replies.

For example, assume that you have HQ and Branch. And  one Pri  at each location with different DID block. For  this scenario, ISP can route call for both DID block on both PRI. so if HQ  PRI  fails, both incoming and outgoing for complete DID range go  through Branch PRI Vice versa. 

Response Signature

Yes, if the TDM PSTN provider supports that. SIP providers (at least from the same ITSP) will almost always allow this. TDM providers, much less so. My experience was that it almost always had to be within the same central office to be able to do that. YMMV.