cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Receptionist view which phones are in use

Chris Campbell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a request that a receptionist be able to see which extensions are in use.  As of right now, she only answers call for three people.  She wants to be able to look at the phone display and see that a person's extension is busy. This is on an 8861 phone with CUCME.

11 Replies 11

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi l,

You can easily achieve this by Speed Dial with BLF (Busy Lamp Field).

Create a phone button template SD+BLF as per requirement and assign those phone button template on targeted phone and save the extension number and name on speed dial, So once  user in a call which you saved in your speed dial you will see the red light on line button and if when user is not in a call you will see grenen light indication on line button.

And this feature only will work for  internal ip phone extensions. 

Please rate if its “Helpful”. It answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.

Ohh sorry this is regarding CUCME I thought this in CUCM.

Pls ignore my post because CUCME has some different configuration but it will work in same manner. 

check below link for your reference.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/manual/cmeadm/cmespeed.html

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.

The below is an example. I use CP 8800 expansions module on 8851. 

voice register pool 18
busy-trigger-per-button 2
id mac 6C5E.3BF2.D0AA
type 8851 addon 1 CP-8800-Audio
number 1 dn 18
template 10
dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-kpml
voice-class codec 1
blf-speed-dial 1 101 label "CHAIRMAN(DESK)"
blf-speed-dial 2 104 label "CHAIRMAN(SECRETATY)"
blf-speed-dial 3 105 label "ZULFIQAR"
blf-speed-dial 4 106 label "FRANCISCO"
blf-speed-dial 5 107 label "MEETING"
blf-speed-dial 6 108 label "SAIFUDDIN"
blf-speed-dial 7 109 label "SINAWI"
blf-speed-dial 8 111 label "SALIM"
blf-speed-dial 9 113 label "SIYABI"
blf-speed-dial 10 116 label "MUBARAK"
blf-speed-dial 11 118 label "ATHARI"
blf-speed-dial 12 120 label "LAILA"
blf-speed-dial 13 121 label "TURKI"
blf-speed-dial 14 127 label "ADI AL MAWALI"
blf-speed-dial 15 102 label "CHAIRMAN(SITTING)"
blf-speed-dial 16 103 label "CHAIRMAN(MT)"
blf-speed-dial 17 110 label "TAHA"
blf-speed-dial 18 112 label "CUBICAL"
blf-speed-dial 19 114 label "KHALID"
blf-speed-dial 20 115 label "CUBICAL"
blf-speed-dial 21 117 label "MASHANI"
blf-speed-dial 22 122 label "Hinai"
blf-speed-dial 23 123 label "TULSI"
blf-speed-dial 24 124 label "MAJLIS"
blf-speed-dial 25 125 label "DINNING"
blf-speed-dial 26 126 label "CHAIRMANPAINTRY"
blf-speed-dial 27 128 label "Basma"
blf-speed-dial 28 129 label "CUBICAL4"

Response Signature

Thanks, this is what I am looking for.  I added it to the configuration but it doesn't seem to be working.  I don't see anything on the 8841 (pool 3) when the dn 1 is in use on the other phone (a 7821).  Here's what I have in my test environment right now:

voice register pool  3

busy-trigger-per-button 2

id mac 00EB.D5CC.0D11

type 8841

number 1 dn 5

no digit collect kpml

dialplan 1

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

voice-class codec 1

description 8841

no vad

blf-speed-dial 1 4001 label "Downstairs"

blf-speed-dial 2 4002 label "Upstairs"

night-service bell

voice register dn  5

number 4003

night-service bell

voice register dn  1

number 4001

call-forward b2bua busy 4220 

call-forward b2bua noan 4500 timeout 35

name 7821-1

huntstop channel 1

night-service bell

mwi

Looks like for one thing, I needed to enable presence.  I just did that.  Still not working but a step in the right direction.

Below mentioned is my template 10. I use all my button on 8851 as line(1-5) and Expansion module button as BLF speed dials(6-33). You need to create a template and apply it on the voice register pool. 

voice register template 10
button-layout 1-5 line
button-layout 6-33 blf-speed-dial
softkeys hold Newcall Resume
softkeys idle Newcall Cfwdall Redial Pickup
softkeys ringIn Answer
softkeys seized Endcall Cfwdall
softkeys connected Endcall Trnsfer Confrn ConfList
softkeys remote-in-use Newcall
!

Response Signature

I should have put more details in my post.  I see the "Upstairs" and "Downstairs" speed dials on the phone, but the lights don't come on and nothing changes on the display when one of those phones is in use.

Okay, I'm not sure what I did, but it just started working.  I know I enabled presence last night and that was necessary.  

For anyone looking at this in the future, here's the section of the CUCME manual for reference for turning on presence. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/manual/cmeadm/cmepres.html#task_AEB061C9B4D64484A163834CAFA46FA4

Next thing I have to do is to get the satellite office set up with presence and blf-speed-dial, which means I need to have the two CUCME routers talk to each other with presence service.  I'll be working on that and I'll add that information to this post for future reference.

Thank you everyone who responded.

I'm ready to try this for the remote office, but I'm not sure exactly what needs to be done from reading the manual.  I'm not sure if I point each router at the other so each can see the presence information on the other, or whether I point the remote office's router to the main office's router and the main office router tracks all the presence information for both the main and remote sites.

Any ideas?

If not, I'll start testing and see what I get.

You need to enable the presence to monitor the lines.To configuring the presence,follow the guide you shared.

Response Signature

I followed the guide, but blf isn't showing for extensions at the remote site.  It seems to think the extension that is on the remote router is on the local one instead from what I can tell.  

Watcher                    Presentity               SubID  Expires SibID  Status

========================== ======================== ====== ======= ====== ======

4002@10.0.22.1           101@10.1.0.229           240    3600    0      unknown    

Phone 10.0.22.1 is registered to CME on 10.1.0.229 .  I assume it should have the remote router's IP address, not the local one.  Is that right?