cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote 10.5 CUCM Sub no longer seeing Pub after WAN change, options?

peter.slade
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a remote CUCM Subscriber that can no longer see the Publisher after the company made a change to their WAN.  The company is not going to reconnect the WAN connectivity between the locations so the Sub will see the PUB again.

Looking for ideas and options on whether I can change the Sub to a Pub and export the licensing from the other site?  Is this possible/difficult?

Is there anything I should be concerned about?

Thought I would put it out there.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

But your version will be EOL next year.

open tac case with licensing  team and check if they can split an generate a new license file.

with version 12 and smart licensing we can easily do that.

Response Signature

Thanks for responding and the information Nithin, 

As @Maren Mahoney  mentioned, you cant change the sub to PUB. You need to do a fresh install and use export data. 

Migration to same version using PCD will fail. In your case I would suggest to go with the fresh install, export the details from old cluster edit it based on the site B and  import. 

Response Signature

You cannot change a Sub into a Pub. That is a hard and fast rule in CUCM. You'll need to build a new cluster at the remote location. As Nithin said, contact TAC for assistance with the licensing.

If you need to replicate the information currently in your Pub out to the new cluster, you can do an export of relevant data using Bulk Administration > Import/Export > Export from the existing Pub and import it into the new cluster. Another option is to use Prime Collaboration Deployment to migrate the data. I highly encourage that you read up on this sort of migration though. Not every single component of the original cluster should be imported.

Maren

Thanks for replying and the suggestions, this helps with my planning on what to do with the site.