cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Searching self service ID

jtropiano57
Level 1
Level 1

I receive an error at times when entering the end user information. where the system adds a *01 to the extension. I understand the reason why, I don't understand where I can find the first extension in order to delete it?

14 Replies 14

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you elaborate on exactly what it is that you're doing??

You just mention a problem, but no background info to understand this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

when making an entry in Cisco Unified CM Administration under user management the under end user there are occasions where after I click save the error comes back explaining there is already an extension that matches the one I entered. with that the system adds a *01 to the end of the extension to make it unique.

I am trying to figure out how I can correct this error when it pops up.

OK, if I'm understanding what you're saying, you want to find out where the self service ID you're trying to use is already in place??

You'd need to BAT export the users to find that out.

Or you want to somehow change the *01 prefix?? because that I don't think is configurable.

HTH

java

I need a BAT export? Where can I do that? How do I do that?

Also that is going to give me a list of users and their information.  if I'm understanding what you're saying, after I generate this list I then have to search the list and find the double entries. Once I have all the double entries I then have to research each entry to decide which is the active one. Now that I have that what do I do....

Bulk Admin menu, just right to the one you're using for the users.

HTH

java

nothing in Bulk Admin offers me a search for the Self Service ID. I have been in that menu many times and nothing I have run has supplied me that information.

You need to export the users.

HTH

java

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

A simple SQL query from the CUCM CLI can tell you which user has a particular Self-Service User ID.

The "keypadenteredalternateidentifier" column in the "enduser" database stores the "Self-Service User ID".

The following query can be used to give you the User ID of the account with a Self-Service User ID of 1234.

run sql SELECT userid FROM enduser WHERE keypadenteredalternateidentifier like '1234'

I just tried it out on a UCM 11 cluster and it worked fine (output below).

admin:run sql SELECT userid FROM enduser WHERE keypadenteredalternateidentifier like '1234'
userid
=========================
testuser1

Once you have the User ID you should be able to find it easily on UCM Web Administration.

Let us know if this helps.

that is all well and good, but I don't have access to that. I do the data entry portion. I just don't think that if there is an error entry or a duplicate entry it should be this difficult to identify it.

Maybe I'm crazy....

You aren't crazy. I know it can be frustrating trying to solve a problem without the correct level of access.

As far as I know there is no relatively easy method of searching by Self-Service User ID other than the SQL method, or the Bulk Administration method that Jamie mentioned.

However, in CUCM Version 11 they introduced the ability to search by "Meeting Number", which pulls from the Self-Service User ID. If you are running this version you can easily search by the Meeting Number to find the user with a specified Self-Service User ID (example below).

[+5] to Unger for sharing the SQL.

regds,

aman

Thanks Jonathan! That worked perfectly!!

Glad it was useful for you! Thanks for the vote :)

hi Jonathan Unger

this command fixed my case, thank you very much.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: