cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Second UCCX Server Build

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

Looking for some advice/direction if this is possible.  In a situation where I n to build a new UCCX 10.5 and not do a restore but instead set up the skill, CSQ, applications, etc manually.   The current lone UCCX server has permanent damage due to the use of snapshots so a rebuild/restore is not an option.

We have a (2) UCS210 servers. 

First:  (1)Pub CUCM  (1)Pub UCNX (1) UCCX

Second:  (1)Sub CUCM  (1)Sub UCNX

I would like to know if I can build on the Pub side a fresh 10.5 UCCX.  Give it a different IP and copy and rebuild the CSQ's, applications, scripts, skill, etc to it from the current.  Idea is to keep it from talking to CM while this work is occurring.  I do not have enough resources on the UC to support a fourth VM so I would need to shut down the current while I am building the new UCCX (off hours).  The idea is to once I have it build and everything set back up on it, using another maintenance window, shut down the current and then turn on the new. Change the IP Address of the new UCCX to the existing one and then test. 

Considerations:

Licensing - will have to rehost the license via TAC but I would have a 30 day trial period to achieve this.

No changes can occur to current system after scripts, apps, etc have been copied and rebuilt on new.

Will lose historical reporting data.

Is this a feasible plan? Where are my loop holes or what am I missing?

Thanks 

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The plan looks feasible. Regarding licensing you can open a proactive TAC case to minimize any downtime. You will anyways have the old system to fall back to in case of any unforeseen issues that can accompany a new setup.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -