cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

specific iphone jabber wont log in ?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

i have a iphone jabber user who cant log in even though all user can login normally , i checked his user profile and jabber device profile and it is identical to all other users , can someone tell me what seems to be wrong from the error log???

9 Replies 9

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Is this user having a TCT device associated with this user ?

Are you able to open CUCM Admin web page from browser on iPhone ?

When you reinstall the Jabber client on the iPhone does it ask for a certificate ? If yes, can you install it and try again.

I can see some connection timeout errors, can you work with your Firewall team to allow connections on ports 8443, 5061 and 5222 to your Expressway -E servers.

Lastly, in case of a multicluster setup, the Home Cluster options should be checked on end user page on only of the clusters.

HTH

Manish

well the user is abroad so im not sure how he is connecting but assuming the user is connect via public mobile provider internet , shouldn't he be able to log in normally if other jabber clients are logging in from outside???

While the network specific settings should be fine ( like the DNS config and firewall ports ) there is user specific config on cucm and also the browser related test on iphone that you can do as it will be diff for diff users. 

Manish

well as for user specific config " if you mean the iphone TCT profile" i did it exactly like the other working profiles , but for browser test for cucm page i dont think i can open it from a public isp???

Could you try to login into the Self Care Portal with an iPhone user please?

IP_CUCM/ccmuser

Manish

the issue is our cucm isn't reachable from outside the network as it doesn't have a public ip address.

Self care portal test needs to be done internally to make sure credentials & authentication r working correctly.

i see well im going to try to get a hold of user credentials , but one a side note the ports 8443, 5061 and 5222 you mentioned that allow jabber to log in are those udp or tcp?

From internet towards Exp-E the 8443 & 5222 are TCP with 5061 as TLS.

You can refer the Expressway firewall guide for complete details.

Manish