Views
Helpful
Replies

Third party SIP Registration from external to CUCM 7

ShaheerEP5682
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

Could anyone guide how to make third party SIP Registration from outside to CUCM ver 7 by assigning static public ip address to cucm.

Right now, i have network connectivity by pinging to the public ip of cucm which is Natted and allowed access through ASA to internal cucm ip.  also note that internally, sip softphone is working fine.

What are other configuration required to get it registration from outside in this scenario?

what are the specific ports need to allow in ASA to make it registration?

Kindly guide 

4 Replies 4

I would strongly advise against this as your putting your phone system at peril if you allow direct registrations from internet. This is what Mobile Remote Access, MRA in short, is used for.

Response Signature

Thank You for your reply…

I’m looking to register only one sip device phone rather than soft phone from outside(home)and not to open to all users.. strictly limited to one phone, where I cannot use VPN.  Moreover, it will not affect the production environment as I’m trying with old spare cucm.

Hi,

As @Roger Kallberg said this need to be done using MRA. 

Right now there is the only option and you need to upgrade your enviroment.

Or you can move to the Webex Calling.

Other importante note is that your CUCM version is no longer supported by Cisco.

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Refer the Below guide and make sure you open all required ports mentioned.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/port/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_T537717B_00_tcp-port-usage-guide-100.html

As other members mentioned, MRA is the recommended feature for such scenarios. 

Response Signature