cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

To test the failover of sip trunk

saikrishna2
Level 1
Level 1

We are planning to test the failover of sip trunk by shutting down the primary interface to check if the calls are routing through the secondary sip trunk. 

I hope there is a configuration in cucm where we can choose the primary and secondary sip trunk for a outgoing call. But i am not sure which parameter it is, could you please direct me with some information ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

In CUCM go to the Route Group, set the to Top down and modify the order of the SIP trunks.

The config in your CUCM should look like this:

Route pattern --> Route List --> Route Group --> Multiple SIP trunks

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

b.winter
VIP
VIP

In CUCM go to the Route Group, set the to Top down and modify the order of the SIP trunks.

The config in your CUCM should look like this:

Route pattern --> Route List --> Route Group --> Multiple SIP trunks

saikrishna2
Level 1
Level 1

After selecting multiple sip trunks in the route group and setting the distribution algorithm to top down. Could you help provide me with the command to shut down the SIP trunk so that I may test the calls routing through the second sip trunk?

Assuming that you have SBCs that handles your trunks and that you have two of them to handle each of your trunks it would be in the router that acts as the SBC where you would shutdown the interface that faces your service provider to put the trunk into none operational state.

Apart from this I must ask, what made it take almost two years to get back on this?

Response Signature

It depends on what the SIP trunk is on the other side. You could also change it by temporarily moving the route group you want to test to the top in the route list.