Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation rule and wildcard destination patterns

dipars1953om
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

Can anyone of you help me to understand what will be the outcome of the below destination patter?

[4-5,8]....

Can anyone of you help me to understand the difference between translation-profile outgoing and translation-profile incoming applied on a dial-peer? 

Thanks in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

[4-5,8]means, the starting number can be 4,5,8.

it can be anything from

40000-49999

50000-59999

80000-89999

Can anyone of you help me to understand the difference between translation-profile outgoing and translation-profile incoming applied on a dial-peer?

translation-profile incoming will be used when a call hit the dial-peer and if its inbound direction. 

translation-profile outgoing will be used When call call hit the dial-peer and if its send to another destination.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

[4-5,8]means, the starting number can be 4,5,8.

it can be anything from

40000-49999

50000-59999

80000-89999

translation-profile incoming will be used when a call hit the dial-peer and if its inbound direction. 

translation-profile outgoing will be used When call call hit the dial-peer and if its send to another destination.

Response Signature

I know this one is already marked as solved, but this book explains regular expressions (the [4-5,8] stuff) very well.Mastering Regular Expressions, 3rd Edition