cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile Connect Calls acting like forwarded calls - CUCM 10.5

jburk
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a weird issue with CUCM 10.5 that has me scratching my head. Mobile connect calls stop ringing at the desk phone as soon as the remote destination starts ringing, and the call is not logged as missed. Caller ID does not follow the call to the cell and uses the external mask of the route pattern/route group.

This behavior is happening on SCCP and SIP Phones. Incoming calls and calls to remote destinations are using the same PRI.

Inbound call flow is PRI-GW -->CUCM XlationPattern-->User Phone

Remote destination profile is using the standard DEVICE_CSS which contains all of the PSTN Patterns with no blocking - for both Device CSS and Rerouting CSS. We have blocking PT's in BLOCK_INTL_CSS for example which we apply to the DN's

I'm just having trouble understanding why it stops ringing at the desk device and acts like a forwarded call, with no missed call in the logs.

2 Replies 2

Is there a short "ring no answer" time set on the DN?

Just because you send the original calling party to the PSTN doesn't mean that the carrier will accept the value you send. If it is a CUBE, you need to watch the "debug ccsip mess" output to see what you are sending. If it is a PRI, you need to watch the "debug isdn q931" output. If it isn't sending what you expect, look at translations in the route pattern, route details, and calling party transformation in CUCM. You might also check to see if there are voice translation profiles in play in the CUBE/PRI gateway.

Mobile connect calls stop ringing at the desk phone as soon as the remote destination starts ringing,

Is this  behavior common for calls coming from  both  internal and external ?

Caller ID does not follow the call to the cell and uses the external mask of the route pattern/route group.

If you send Mobile number as caller-ID, ISP either drop the call or translate the calling number to DID pilot number.  ISP does this  for Billing purpose.

As @Elliot Dierksen  mentioned, by running debugs on gateway  you can confirm the calling information passed to ISP. Since your connection type is PRI, for debugs use debug isdn q931.

For extension mobility to use  DID as calling information , we use below two parameters.

Service parameter>> call manager(Active)

Honor Gateway or Trunk Outbound Calling Party Selection for Mobile Connect Calls  TRUE

On gateway>>Call Routing Information - Outbound Calls

To send the mobile number as calling-Number, make below changes.

Honor Gateway or Trunk Outbound Calling Party Selection for Mobile Connect Calls  FALSE

Originator

Response Signature