Views
Helpful
Replies

Trunk Configuration

Marcel Belisle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need some assistance, I have a CUCM 10.0.1. I am trying to setup a trunk to a Microsoft Lync Server. For some reason the trunk status is displaying as down ,Status Reason local=1. Can someone please help me to identify the issue here.

Thanks

Marcel 

7 Replies 7

the SIP Trunk "Status Reason local=1" indicates either the remote peer is Unavailable or Unreachable. Possible reason code for Trunk Status Local=1 is "408 Request Timeout" or "503 Service Unavailable".

check the connectivity between both the nodes, and test if the Lync server can ping the CUCM.

I just checked and the lync server is able to ping the CUCM and vise versa. 

Are you using the same udp/tcp port on both sides?

Yes I am using 5068 on both sides.

5068 is on the default SIP port, did you adjust it on the SIP security profile used by the SIP trunk?

Chris I did check and both the security profile and the SIP trunk the port is set to 5068. What other option do you think I could explore.

When we built our trunk between Callmanager and Lync, the Lync side didn't have all the ports turned up that they told us. We used nmap against the Lync ip address to prove that the ports weren't listening. They made some configuration changes and then it worked. Not sure if that helps any but thought I'd mention it.