Views
Helpful
Replies

UC cluster question

yuhuiyao
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have two UC servers in a cluster in central office with one as publisher and the other one as subscriber. A remote office with a standalone UC server will be merged with us. Can I add the remote office UC as a subcriber to my current UC cluster? The link to remote office is 100Mbps/70ms.

If the remote UC cannot join the current cluster, what is the best way to integrate it in the cuurent system?

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

You could add the new server as a 2nd cluster or reinstall selecting subscriber and join it to the existing cluster.  Unless there are mitigating circumstances, I'd go with option 2.

Thanks.

I have heard that a UC publisher can only support one UC subscriber, therefore the third UC cannot join the current cluster, is that true?

I saw UC but thought UCM.  Option 1 is the only option.  Sorry about the confusion.  My head's somewhere else today.

A single CUCM cluster can have up to 19 subscribers, 8 of which can be call processing subs, the rest can be TFTP, MOH, media server, etc.

You have 2 options here:

1. integrate the 2 clusters via either SIP trunk or H323 ICT, this way you do not have to make any changes at the new site

2. reinstall the remote server as a subscriber off of the centralized cluster, here you will basically wipe out all configuration, so make sure you configure the site along with phones on the centralized cluster properly. Also, make sure you migrate your licenses from the decommissioned cluster, you will also need to ensure you have enough node licenses to run additional subscriber (assuming this is CUCM 5-8).

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

I am talking about unity connection, not cucm.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Then You are correct, only 2 servers can be part of UCXN cluster, so you can either move the users to the existing cluster or you can integrate the systems via intra-site link.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App