Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7.0 integration CUCM 7.0 (Issue)

Jamin Horton
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I'm trying to integrate UCCX 7.0 with CUCM 7.0. I added an AXL User Group and assigned the role of Standard AXL API Access. I then assigned that Group to my Application User of Uccxadmin. When I open up UCCX and login with the default, it prompts me regarding the Cisco Security Agent. I assume this service is on the OS 2003. I looked through services and found no mention of it. I proceeded and put in the Publisher IP along with the newly created AXL Application user ID and password. I hit next and it just sits there, I would expect it to go to the License page but it doesn't. I'm looking for any guidance on how I can get this to successfully talk to CUCM and then allow me to put in my license file. Thanks for your time!

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you clarify what you see in regards to CSA? CSA is an agent that can be installed on the server, if you go to windows services you can shut it down, or you should see it in the system tray as well.

Have you looked at the logs for clues?

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris for your response. I guess I don't have the CSA agent installed on the OS 2003 as I don't see it in the list of services. Is it something that is installed automatically with UCCX or OS 2003 or do I have to install separately? Is it needed? I wouldn't know where to begin when it comes to the logs with UCCX, any direction is appreciated.

Is it possible it's just a warning to disable CSA before you get started?  I recall this warnings popping up every time I did an install or an upgrade.  They are just warnings, and you simply click OK to dismiss.

CSA is software that acts like an Intrusion Detection/Prevention client.  You would need to install it if you want it.  I'm guessing you don't have it, since you looked through your services on the UCCX for it.  Otherwise, you would need to disable it temporarily.

As for your system just hanging there, I would start with a basic health check of the two systems and make sure you can ping by IP, hostname, FQDN, etc. followed by making sure your AXL service is up and running and available on the network.  For example, check the AXL service on your publisher node, and restart it too, just to be sure.  Or enable it on another node, and type that IP in there.  Also, double check your credentials by temporarily assigning rights to the account to logging into CUCM Admin web page.  Lastly, change the network interface binding order, so your primary NIC is on top, and then reboot the UCCX server.

Hope that helps.  Post back if not.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Is there any firewall between your UCCX and CUCM server?

Ok, figured out what the issue was. I was using Mozilla instead of IE. I switched to IE and got a little further in the process but never got past the license file page. I decided to start over and rebuild it, once I did it worked like a charm and gave me no problems.

I appreciate everyone's responses!