Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - Finesse: Recording capabilities when running on VDI

Sam Alexander
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all...

Does anyone know if Finesse, running on Citrix XenDesktop (or any other VDI) supports monitoring and recording services in version 10.5? I've looked around but the documentation is vague. 

Thanks!

-Sam

3 Replies 3

magnum629
Level 4
Level 4

Might not be helpful, but I have used Finesse 10 and Calabrio on VDI's and we were able to record the call and users screen. 

I've deployed it on couple of occations and it works fine as the call never goes through VDI unless you use softphone which is different discussion. Make sure your VDI environment meets the version requirements:

Desktop Virtualization

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCX_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_10.5(1)

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First of all, for Finesse recording and monitoring UCCX does not play any role. Finesse Monitoring is done through the CUCM and is being invoked through the BIB of phone. Hence, as far as you are using a supported IP Phone you are good there. For recording on Finesse, you need MediaSense and that too works on the concept of forking either phone based (using the BIB) or cube based (dial-peer based forking)  so you are good there as well. No need to worry about the desktops you are running there i.e., physical or virtual.

Regards

Deepak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: