UCS: VMware vSphere - Hypervisor 4.x License

ERNESTO_VE
Level 1
Level 1

Technology: Other

Subtechnology: Other

Problem Code: Licensing

Software Version: VMware vSphere Hypervisor 4.x

Problem Details: Hi team. I need support to obtain the license key for my VMware vSphere - Hypervisor 4.x (PN: VMW-VS-HYP) purchased with Cisco Contract Number 92368650 for an Unified Communications over UCS implementation.

I have a "Master Serial Number" proportionate by Cisco.

With this "Master Serial Number" I need obtain the license key for my VM vSphere.

I tried to activate the Master Serial Number en VMware webpage --> http://www.vmware.com/support/licensing/oem-help.html#c65773 , but the system generate a error. (view image attached).

I have a two UCS servers on this implementation.

What would be the procedure to activate this Master Serial Number and get the license key to activate VMware vSphere?.

Thanks.

Ernesto Gonzalez

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ernesto

Firstly - this is a public forum, so it's not wise to publish your license keys on it. I would edit your post and mask out some of the license data.

Have you tried just adding the license key to VMware? Some installs I've done have resulted in me getting keys that can be applied to VMware directly, and others I've had to register on the website to get the actual key for VMware. I'm not clear what the pattern is to be honest but I presume its a different way of ordering...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron. Thanks for responding.

If indeed activating licenses for VMware applications do not follow a pattern.

The Master Serial Number I got to make the purchase at Cisco Systems, fails when added directly to VMware vSphere. So I think that I have to activate it and get the License Key.