cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCXN 10.5(2)-11900 - DB Proxy Service Shutdown parameter is missing

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

New build of Unity Connection using 10.5(2)-11900.

In Connection Administration, the "Database Proxy: Service Shutdown Timer" is missing.  It's still in the documentation, but no where to be found. 

I think I'm hitting  a bug here.  Has anyone else seen this?  Can't run COBRAS without getting the DB Proxy going, and it WILL NOT START.

Cliff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Simmons
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Cliff,

I've just checked on my 10.5.2.12901-1 build and can confirm that the option is also missing there to, however, I am able to activate and start the DB Proxy Service.

Looks like they may have removed that option in version 10

To Start the Database Proxy Service

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability, expand Tools and select Service Management.

Step 2 In the Optional Services section, find the Unity Connection Database Proxy row and select Activate.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/administration/guide/10xcucsagx.pdf - Page 266

Regards,

Richard

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Richard Simmons
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Cliff,

I've just checked on my 10.5.2.12901-1 build and can confirm that the option is also missing there to, however, I am able to activate and start the DB Proxy Service.

Looks like they may have removed that option in version 10

To Start the Database Proxy Service

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability, expand Tools and select Service Management.

Step 2 In the Optional Services section, find the Unity Connection Database Proxy row and select Activate.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/administration/guide/10xcucsagx.pdf - Page 266

Regards,

Richard

Did that, but it keeps shutting down. 

Ahh....crud.   It just started up.  Guess stuff was in transition....

Unity Connection service's can be slow to start, especially if its part of a cluster!

In my case, the primary role was in transition between the servers, and apparently the proxy wouldn't start up at the same time.  But apparently once it was done, it DID start.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Cliff,

Hope all is well my friend! here's a note to the great details from Richard (+5)

[Doc] CUC 10 Interface Reference guide Correction
CSCun24369

Description
Symptom:
In CUC 10, Database Proxy Timer has been removed. This information has to be removed from the interface reference guide,

Cheers!

Rob 

It also needs to be removed from the on line help!  :)

Rob as always Thanks for learning