Views
Helpful
Replies

UCXN Not Passing Original Caller Info

hartgravesc1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a slightly complex issue:

I have a wall phone with a PLAR that dials to a call handler, where on of the options transfers to the local IT help desk. Problem is, on the screen of the IT Help Desk Phone, it display the port number for TIMG it is sending calls to. There are two problems with that.

1. It needs to say the caller ID of the original caller.

2. I have 48 CUCM ports, so why isn't it sending the call to CUCM?

I have made sure that the call manager service parameter "Display Original Calling Number on Transfer from Cisco Unity"is set to true. Does the call manager service need to be reset for that to take effect?

Other info:

CUCM Version:  10.5.1.10000-7

UCXN Version:  10.5.1.10000-7

If I need to provide any other information please let me know.

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Where is the TIMG doing in this call flow? Is there another phone system integrated to the CUC via TIMG?

There is an old NEC PBX that the TIMG is used for. I can't figure out why the call handler is transferring the call to the TIMG.

What is the destination of the option selected from the call handler? which phone system is that associated with?

It is a DN on CUCM. The call handler also uses a CTI route point, and so the call handler's phone system is also set to CUCM.

My question was when the PLAR caller selects an option in the call handler to connect to the Help desk, what is that option pointing to in CUC?

The option is User with mailbox, attempt transfer.... Is that what you're looking for?