Helpful
Replies

Unable to see CUCM database update in Syslog

sirajuddeen t p
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have configured a remote syslog server for Audit logs on my CUCM
9.1.2. I have enabled debug log and selected database update. Unfortunately I could not see any logs in syslog viewer (manage engine) other than login and logout activity. Kndly help to fix the issue.

When I checked via RTMT, I could see the logs generated whatever I made changes in CUCM administration.

Thank you,

Siraj

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Siraj,

You mean to say that collecting the Audit logs locally gives you the complete logs which show all changes made via cucm admin page while transferring these logs to a remote server does not show all the changes?

As far as i know within cucm there is no filtering mechanism to filter the logs and then send it to a remote server via RTMt config. Can you try configuring an external syslog server that is in the same  subnet as CUCM/RTMT and see if you face the same issue.

HTH

Manish

Dear Manish,

I was referring send audit logs from CUCM to Syslog server (Cisco Unified Serviceability-> Tools -> Audit log config)

I had a case with TAC and came to know that this is due to bug in some of the cucm version. Mine is 9.1.2 which is affected release.

Regards,

Siraj

Ok, in that case you may provide the bug details here for the benefit of others in the future.

Manish

Dear Manish,

Provided Bug ID: CSCus02985

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCus02985/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Regards,

Siraj