cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to upload CSR certificates in Both Expressway C and E server.

Yenosh
Level 1
Level 1

I just wanted post the issue that , I have come across during the installation of Expressway C and E servers

Issue :Unable to Upload the CSR certs in Both Expressway C and E server.

Error : " Invalid certificates: Unrecognized CA. This certificate is not currently trusted by Expressway. This is because the CA certificate is not in the store."

Solution :

Customer has provided the root certs in bundle, which contain root certificate and intermediate cert as well. So if you upload the bundle as root certificate, you will get the above mentioned error during server certificate upload.

So you need to open root certificate which is in "security certificate" type with Notepad++,you may find multiple certificates in it starts with -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- || -----End CERTIFICATE-----.

you need to separate(Copy and paste it in notepad) each one and save it in .PEM format, Then upload all of them as a root certificate in trust store. Later proceed with the server certificate upload.

It Should fix your issue.

Please rate the help full post

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yenosh
Level 1
Level 1

I just wanted post the issue that , I have come across during the installation of Expressway C and E servers

Error : " Invalid certificates: Unrecognized CA. This certificate is not currently trusted by Expressway. This is because the CA certificate is not in the store."

Solution :

Customer has provided the root certs in bundle, which contain root certificate and intermediate cert as well. So if you upload the bundle as root certificate, you will get the above mentioned error during server certificate upload.

So you need to open root certificate which is in "security certificate" type with Notepad++,you may find multiple certificates in it starts with -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- || -----End CERTIFICATE-----.

you need to separate(Copy and paste it in notepad) each one and save it in .PEM format, Then upload all of them as a root certificate in trust store. Later proceed with the server certificate upload.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

You need to upload the root and intermediate first to upload the server certificate. 

When you share the CSR, always ask your sever team to send the root and intermediate along with. the server certificate. even if they didn't provide the root and intermediate, you take the root and intermediate from the server certificate path. 

Response Signature

Yenosh
Level 1
Level 1

Solution :

Why are you posting the exact same thing once more on the same thread? On a side note, you should have posted this as a document instead of as a question as that would have been easier for others to find down the line.

Response Signature

RachelGomez161999
Spotlight
Spotlight

Try again by following this steps-

Go to Maintenance > Security certificates > Server certificate. 2. Use the Browse button to select and upload the server certificate PEM file.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez