Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.03 import from 2.4.6

I try to upgrade my unity voice mail server(2.4.6) to 4.0.3 version. I do all the procedure in the documentation but when I try to import data in my new database it's fail. I use the DbImport4x and when I select my database (unitydb.mdb) I have the error: one or more criticl record set are empty. Please use valid database created with DBExportUtilities. Here what the log write:

================================================================

Running FullDBImport, version 4.0.8

Local Unity version=4.0(3.0)

Logged in account=UNITY\Administrator

Local time=03/05/2006 8:48:17 AM

Search for '(error)' to find logged errors during the import process.

================================================================

Attempting to connect using OLEDB 4.0

Using connection string:Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Temp\UnityDB.MDB

empty database selected

I use the correct DBExportUtilities and the log give me no error except in holidays section who's said

(error) in export Holidays. Number= 9, Description=Subscript out of range, Source=DatabaseExport

But I don't have set any holidays in my configuration. Can be the holiday who's give the error when he import data. In the docs, the holidays is not supposed top be import.

If I open the .mdb with Microsoft Access I see all my callhandlers, my suscribers and more.

Thank for your help

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I suspect your backup database is mangled somehow or another - the only 4 recordsets that are checked for valid values/columns at load up is the subscriber, callhandler, COS and NameLookupHandler tables - if one of them is empty it assumes the database is bogus and does not proceed.

It's been a very long time since I've done anything with FullDBImport (years now) so I had to pull the code out of archive but it was completely tested with 2.x upgrades to 4.0(3) before I shelved it so I know it works. The best I can suggest is to try an open that MDB file with Access and look at the tables and see if anything looks amiss.

Yes indeed, my NameLookupHandler tables is empty, all the others have data in it.

So my next question, why this table is empty and what supposed data should have in.

Thank

My best guess would be the system you backed up didn't have any name lookup handlers in it - which should not be allowed since the default name lookup hanlder is tagged for being undeletable - it can be done if you do it directly via SQL or there was damage to the system along the way.

The data that's supposed to be in there is info about name lookup handlers, of course - you may try just manually adding a row in there - it'll jack up the restore of that object, of course, but it should get by the tests for a valid backup before the restore proceeds.

I put in the name lookup handlers table some info (the default entry of my 4.0(3) server) it's seems to work fine but when I import i've got another error. I put the 2 log in attachments if it can help, the export and import log. The DBWalker log says that I have no errors in the database

I don't know if it can be this but my production server of unity 2.4.6 is in french, the OS is in english but the default language of the unity system is in french. And my new 4.0(3) unity server is all in english. is it the source of my problem.

Thank again

So anybody find a solution or a hint for my problem. I must be critic because I need to update my unity and I don't want to loose all the user parameter.

Thank