Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection VM Pilot

jleon22
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

When a user dials the VM Pilot externally, they hit the auto-attendant. The user will then need to hit the * (star) button to access the VM sign-in prompt.

Is there a way to modify that behavior where it goes directly to the Attempted Sign-in callhandler. I can't seem to change that default behaviour.

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Johnny,

You should be able to tweak the Routing Rules to accomplish this. Have a look;

Cisco Unity System Administration Guide (With Microsoft Exchange), Release 4.0(4)

Call Routing

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008022cb4e.html#wp1030787

Hope this helps!

Rob

Yup, that is what I tried to do. I put in the 4-digit VM pilot number in the Direct Routing Rules and sent it to the AttemptSignIn. I dial the VM pilot number externally and still hit the AA.

Maybe I'm missing something else?

If all of your incoming calls go through CallManager first you can setup a translation pattern in CallManager to send the calls coming into your VM pilot to go to the attempted sign in.

Let's say your VM pilot is 2020. Setup the translation pattern to take any calls coming in on 2020 and change the calling number to 9090. Then you setup the routing rules in Unity to take any call coming from 9090 and send it to the attempt sign in.

You can use the Call Viewer from the Unity Tools Depot to watch the incoming calls to see where the calls are coming from to make sure your translation pattern is working.

Hi Mike,

That's a really interesting thought. I kept thinking of a way through Unity. Let me give that a try in my lab and I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

Yeah, there's lots of things you can do with Translation Patterns before you send the call off to Unity so you can take full advantage of the Unity Routing Rules. Just be sure to take full advantage of the Unity Call Viewer to see what's getting passed to Unity and if it's a direct call or a forward.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: