Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Service manager

juan_cye_ccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have some problem related with service manager, when i tried to get access this mistake is shown:

"Unable to communicate with service control center.  The password  for Administrator (the administration account that was created during  installation) may be locked out or expired."

I have checked account configuration. Also i tested cisco solution but it doesn´t work

admin:run cuc dbquery unitydirdb update tbl_credential set encryptiontype = "4" where objectid ="a4801385-1abc-4762-b6e5-7b7c75d1465e"

Rows: 0

Error: Unable to communicate with service control center

When logging in to the Serviceability page, this error message is received:

Unable to communicate with service control center. The password for appadministrator (the administration account that was created during installation) may be locked out or expired.

Solution

The cause of this error is that the value of encryptiontype in tbl_credential for the appadministrator is set to 3 instead of 4. Complete these steps in order to make it as a valid application user:

In order to verify that the encryption type should not be 3 for the appadministrator user, run this command: run cuc dbquery unitydirdb select encryptiontype,objectid from tbl_credential

In order to change this value to 4, issue this command: run cuc dbquery unitydirdb update tbl_credential set encryptiontype = "4" where objectid = "e875ec01-c090-475d-b7d2-af3be863eedd".

where Objectid is the ID obtained from the above step.

Reset the password with this command: utils cuc reset password appadministrator

Restart the Cisco Tomcat service.

unity version: 8.5.1.10000-206

How can i solve this problem?

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you login as the appadministrator user? I'm guessing not. I have run into this once and fixed it by checking the Password never expires option on the mailbox.

Hi Jonathan,

I can log in to unity connection serviciability but i can get this error when i select service manager option. I have checked

password settings and is ok.

Thanks

I just had the same error on a UC 7.1.5, on both the Pub and Sub UC servers.  Checking the "never expire" option on the CUAdmin account fixed the error message, and I can access the Service Management now.

did you fix the uissue. I have the same problem. pleas4e suggest

For all of you still facing this issue and reffering back to this forum, please keep in mind Cisco has a bug regarding this problem: 

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtj47235/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Affected versions: all versions. 

isalas
Level 1
Level 1

I just had this problem and It was solved by going to users>Administrator>Password settings and selecting "password never expires" once that was selected I was able to log in and see the service status and activated.

Marcos Eusebio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi every one.
I had this error as well, I've tried the solutions mentioned in this post before when I read it, but didn't work. IN MY CASE I found that the user used for access to "Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability>Tools>Service Management" menu had no any role in Cisco Unity Connection Administration. I solved this issue assigning administration roles to the user.

Best Regards.