cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Smarthost and Office 365

stilesinfotech
Level 1
Level 1

We've recently transitioned from On-Premise Exchange to Office 365. I've configured every single business application to either send to Office 365 directly, or to an on premise relay server, depending on the application. The problem with Unity SMTP is that I get it to send to my internal relay server, but the server will not relay to Office 365 because of the "sender".

We're on Business Edition 8.5.1

Being that Unity requires the SMTP domain to be different than your normal domain, I can't tell Unity to send from an authenticated account.

It has to send from company.vmail.com, vs company.com.

If it could send from "company.com", I could set a send-as permission in Office 365 for it to send-as an authenticated account.

How can I get around this? I simply need Unity to send notifications to Office 365 mailboxes.

4 Replies 4

stilesinfotech
Level 1
Level 1

Nobody huh?

can you check the below please my friend .

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, expand System Settings > SMTP Configuration, then

select Smart Host.

Step 2 On the Smart Host page, in the Smart Host field, enter the IP address or fully qualified domain name of

the SMTP smart host server. (Enter the fully qualified domain name of the server only if DNS is

configured.)

Step 3 Click on Save.

Step 4 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, expand System Settings, then select General

Configuration.

Step 5 On the General Configuration page, in the When a recipient cannot be found list, select Relay message

to smart host.

Step 6 Click on Save.

Step 7 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, expand Users > Message Actions. Select the Accept the

message option from the Voicemail drop- down list not accept and relay. Enter an SMTP Proxy Address for the relay address

field.

go to Tools > Service

Management, and confirm that the service status for the following services is Started:

Connection Mailbox Sync (in the Critical Services section) and restart if it is starting.

I need you to test again with the below

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, expand Tools, then select Task Management.

Step 2 On the Task Definitions page, select Check System Configuration.

Step 3 Select Run Now.

Step 4 Select Refresh to display links to the latest results.

Step 5 Review the results, resolve problems, if any, and re-run the Check System Configuration task until no

more problems .

Other issue , please make sure for the authentication mode which is used  ,make sure that is the same on your exchange. If your exchange .Proxy Server is an optional field that allows you to route the traffic using a Proxy server when the Office 365 network is not accessible from Connection.Proxy server .

Users > Unified Messaging Accounts page

type addres of the proxy:Hostname:Port format

please also chech test button on the unified messaging service & check the test buuto (unified messaging accounts).

khayes1984
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get your problem resolved?

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First question is does your internal SMTP relay server REQUIRE authenticated SMTP for external domain? If so, that's a problem because CUC does not support that. Technically, you don't have to have a separate SMTP domain for CUC...it's used locally and can be changed with the CU Admin. I generally don't recommend this but it's not a "requirement" persay.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App