Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading CUE 3.2.1 licences from CME to CCM

imaremyanin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have Cisco 2811 with CME 7.0 and CUE 3.2.1 installed on AIM-CUE module. Now Voice Mail and AA are used on the system.

There is a task to migrate from CME to CCM 7.1 server and to use available CUE for the same Voice Mail and AA services. Don't we need to bay another licence for this purpose? As i understand it is just required to downlowd the CCM licence file from Cisco site and reinstall CUE soft with this licence. And it is free. Right?

The second thing: we plan to use 2811 in CCME/SRST mode for fallback. Will CCME in SRST mode work with CUE which already has CCM licence? Will Voice Mail and AA be available in this case?

Thank you.

Ivan

9 Replies 9

imaremyanin
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco experts, indeed there are no ideas about this?

Hello,

I had don't before , it takes time but it is straight forward.

On cisco web-site , the license file for the CCM is available there, download it and re-configure the CUE, you don't need to buy anything from cisco since it is the same price , all what you have to do is to inform the logistics team in your company to contact cisco to change the part number for te support (if it is there).

For the second thing , yes you can , make the same dial-peer which will point to the call manager server as preference 1 and do another one with the same destination-pattern to the CME as preference two , but please make sure that it is SIP.

Let me know if you need furthur assitance.

Amer

Thank you Amer!

Now it is clear for me. Just for being more prcise i wanna ask about the mode of CME. It is supposed to work in SRST mode (CME+SRST). It doesn't matter in our case, right?

And concerning the settings. Are the deal-peer settings that you mentioned in your answer made on CUE side?

Ivan

Hello Ivan,

Just for being more prcise i wanna ask about the mode of CME. It is  supposed to work in SRST mode (CME+SRST). It doesn't matter in our case,  right?

WHat do you mean by this , it is not clear ???

If you mean that the CME over SRST , the normal call comes from the PSTN and then the dial-peer will point it to the route point on the call manager which is linked to the CTI Ports .

In case of a CME-SRST mode (no link to the CCM) the first dial-peer which points to the CCM will fail , the configuration for a second dial-peer with a lower preference will take place so that it open directly but the session target ip will not be in the second case the CCM as the first dial-peer , it will point directly to the CUE which is normally located on the same router.

And concerning the settings. Are the deal-peer settings that you mentioned in your answer made on CUE side?

The dial-peer on the gateway that the PSTN is terminated on , you create the dial-peers there .

Amer

Thank you Amer.

Everything works fine!

I have upgraded CUE to version 7.1 because we needed 2 lenguages and there is only the way to get is to reinstall the CUE software. So we dicided else to upgrade to 7.1 in this case. It is required a new type of license but there was no problem to get it from Cisco web site.

Concerning my question about the dialpeers. I asked it because in fact there is no dialpeers on CME to CCM configured in our case. MGCP is used to control E1 port.

Ivan

Hello Ivan,

In case there is a MGCP gateway that is configured to SRST , in case of fallback , the gateway will be diverted to be H.323 , there are a couple of commands to be configured for the ccm fallback to do this.

For the dial-peer , only create a dial-peer that should be SIP to be pointed to the CUE , this dial-peer will not be activated unless the gateway turned on the fall-back (this is by default on the gateway config if you add the commands for the fallback mode).

Amer

Amer,

Yes, everything is configured as you mentioned here. And i have already checked that in case of CCM fallback CME works fine with CUE via SIP dialpeers.

Ivan

Then in this case i should say Great job you did

Amer

Thank you, Amer!